Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, what a way to end July...this is my scout of our Adopt A Trail 3N59A in Big Bear Lake area...

I started at 1100 hrs at 2N09 Polique Canyon Rd from hwy38 heading for 3N16, 1118 arrived at 3N16 head west

it's kind a erie with the dead trees from the fire

1137 arrived at 3N17, head north to White Mtn.

I did this from east to west and this trail is an advance one needing 3" lift with skids and good tires with lockers

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
to continue; 3N17 took some time from South Peak to North Peak it's got it's moments

I saw this and hoped it wasn't an indication of what might happen

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1355 arrived at 4N16, this is the trail coming from Lucern...1404 arrived at junction 3N14 heading west again to 3N59...1412 arrived at 3N59...1417 arrived our trail 3N59A

I'll try to remember to bring new letterings or at least a new "5"

gonna have to bring our logo for the sign

1430 arrived at the end of our trail

the view towards Bowen Ranch Rd

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Victor, thanks for the report. The pics will help a lot people get an idea of what they'll be in for. Did you notice the illegal hill climbs? We've got quite an area to cover. White Mountain was fun wasn't it? I love that trail.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
headed back towards Big Pine Flat...1500 back at 3N14 head south...1525 arrived at Big Pine Flat...1550 3N16 heading east to do 3N10 John Bull...1654 3N32 towards John Bull...1700 3N10 JB Trail, being without a spotter I skipped John Bull Flats and stayed on 3N16 to 3N32 then connected with the tail end of JB, but someone placed a huge bolder right in the middle of the trail as an obstacle (sorry no pic), so I turned around to go run Gold Mountain...1730 back on 3N16 east to 3N69...1738 Gold Mountain from 3N16 fun entrance...

1poser posing for a shot towards the end

1900 back down to hwy 18:clap::bigthumb:

Oh what a day:wave:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Victor, thanks for the report. The pics will help a lot people get an idea of what they'll be in for. Did you notice the illegal hill climbs? We've got quite an area to cover. White Mountain was fun wasn't it? I love that trail.

yes, it's gonna be quite a project...lots of rocks (boulders more like it) and logs.

White Mtn. is awesome!!! It will take some time pending of the caliber of drivers.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Ready to lead part of the trail on 8/9? :)

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Will you be caravaning with us in the morning (meeting at Carrows)? We can talk about lead details.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be in Big Bear already, best I could do is meet you at 3N14 and go from there. We're doing the trail assesment first right? Then we could split into groups...I'd be willing to take a group up White Mtn. 3N17 if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
The part that's difficult for me is getting from White Mountain to JB/Gold Mountain area. I'm familiar with WM, but having another who's been there would be great. There are a few options on that trail. Victor, try and make it over to the Horse Springs area in the morning and we'll keep in touch of our progress toward the trail. I'll update the thread with CB channel info and pm you my cell phone number.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Just as a future refrence, is it possible to get there by trail all the way from cleghorn?? seems like that could be a cool semi-expidition.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Question:

Is this section needing armor on the way to 3N59A? Or is this an advanced trail leading to ours?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Question:

Is this section needing armor on the way to 3N59A? Or is this an advanced trail leading to ours?

Thanks in advance.
This is 3N17 (White Mountain). The easy group will not be on this trail.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just as a future refrence, is it possible to get there by trail all the way from cleghorn?? seems like that could be a cool semi-expidition.
It leads towards Big Bear I believe. I tried it once but I got lost and ended up on a high way that lead to highway 18 and I ended up taking another trail that lead to big bear from highway 18.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
nice pictures and nice rig too!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Mike, you can definitely do that. You'll have to run through Dishpan though (not that it's a bad thing :D). The last chat night, a few of us were casually talking about an expedition that goes from Cleghorn to Big Bear, up to Johnson Valley, through Joshua Tree, then down to Ocotillo, and finally end in Anza Borrego. It'll be a grueling run for sure!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
It leads towards Big Bear I believe. I tried it once but I got lost and ended up on a high way that lead to highway 18 and I ended up taking another trail that lead to big bear from highway 18.
I'm gonna have to load up Tony's map into my new GPS (yea!) and try it. anyone interested in the future, say 2ish months from now?
Make it a 2 day deal and camp and fish by one of the lakes or something the first day, and survey/repair the trail the second day?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Mike, you can definitely do that. You'll have to run through Dishpan though (not that it's a bad thing :D). The last chat night, a few of us were casually talking about an expedition that goes from Cleghorn to Big Bear, up to Johnson Valley, through Joshua Tree, then down to Ocotillo, and finally end in Anza Borrego. It'll be a grueling run for sure!
wow you posted while I was typing. lol
That my freind sounds like a very fun trip!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would be very interested in this! ColoradoCruiserDude will be coming down to CA I think in August, September Time frame from CO and i will be going with him on a few runs here in SoCal. maybe we can all merge everything together.

I'm gonna have to load up Tony's map into my new GPS (yea!) and try it. anyone interested in the future, say 2ish months from now?
Make it a 2 day deal and camp and fish by one of the lakes or something the first day, and survey/repair the trail the second day?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts