Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
don't forget the beer volcano and the stripper factory :bigthumb:

No....wait....that's not at the Summit....that's in Heaven.

Sorry. My bad.

In my defense, Ouray is such a wonderful place that it's sometimes easy to confuse the two. :cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
In all seriousness...

What is included in the registration fee? Trails are free!!!:wave:
Here are some related questions from last year, and some of my comments with some of what's included...

I cannot remember is the fee per person or per vehicle?
I can't say for sure how they'll do it this year, but for the past four years (I missed 2007, cause we didn't get Sandi till 2008) there's been a primary fee for the driver and then a smaller fee for each passenger (adults I think). The wording is always that the fee for the driver covers vehicle/trails registration, tee-shirt and catered meals, and that the fee for the passenger covered the catered meals.

So what does the $160 registation fee pay for? It seems like a lot, but if it is pays for a lot and is worth the price, then i'd be happy to pay for it.
unless they change it up this year...
* Catered meals on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings
* A 'goodie bag' with neato stuff
* An FJ Summit t-shirt
* Other things I'm forgetting
* The best event with the greatest organization and the coolest participants in one of the most beautiful places in the world. :cheers:

If you're looking for a precise dollar-for-dollar expense tracker, I can't help, and if it matters that much, you might be better off saving the money, and putting it toward your cable bill (I mean, you can see all kinds of great places on there, and never have to pay anything or go anywhere), but from my perspective (this will be my fifth Summit), it's definitely worth it. :bigthumb:

That's the thing though, it's all subjective.
However, I bet, if they did a survey, the ones that agree with me (on this question) would in the 90%+ area.

Probably more so than the registration fee, I would want to know if it's worth spending the money on gas to drive to the Ouray from where I'm coming from .....a much larger amount of money, for sure.

I hope you make the journey, and I hope you end up agreeing that it's worth it. I'll check back here after the Summit to find out... :cheers:

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've heard a couple people say that and like me made reservations at other hotels... I made mine at Riverside Inn... I'll try Best western at the end of December, if it fills to fast, I'm still good to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Its my understanding the the BW will not be taking reservations until after the first of the year. There will be rooms available there at some point, if you need to get a room for now then you can always try the BW later and cancel the other.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Salt Lake City? Just a guess as I've never been. I was going to go this year but changed my mind because of fuel and lodging costs so we went to Eastern Oregon instead. It was suggested to meet in SLC as a caravan from the NW. Don't forget your John Denver CDs. ocr14a will loan you his if you do.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Salt Lake City? Just a guess as I've never been. I was going to go this year but changed my mind because of fuel and lodging costs so we went to Eastern Oregon instead. It was suggested to meet in SLC as a caravan from the NW. Don't forget your John Denver CDs. ocr14a will loan you his if you do.
Yeah, SLC or Elko, NV seemed like stopping points for a 2 day drive SLC being prolly the better option so the 2nd day drive is shorter.

I'm hoping someone that's done it will chime in though. :D

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hotel reservations made, arrive Sunday the 14th. ready to go now. eager for the web site to open, i'm ready to register and pick trails. Hope to volunteer at registration again this year. My wife and I had a blast last year. Also hope to help were needed getting the "swag" ready before the Summit starts.

YAHOOOOOOO

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
This will be my first summit if nothing prevents me from going between now and then. Really, looking forward to getting out there and meeting some of the ppl in the FJ community and ride some awesome trails. Anyone make the journey from the east coast before? If so any pointers? Any pointers in general about Summit?

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
the whole country is well represented. check out the map from this year...
FJSummit 2012 National Meet

there will be plenty of info about what you need for outfitting your fj. a stock fj can do most every trail except poughkeepsie.

the best thing you will need is a cb ... so get our boztec mount and choose the cb of your liking, handheld or full size.

This will be my first summit if nothing prevents me from going between now and then. Really, looking forward to getting out there and meeting some of the ppl in the FJ community and ride some awesome trails. Anyone make the journey from the east coast before? If so any pointers? Any pointers in general about Summit?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
nykbrad, post up on the Midwest forum section if you guys are going. We're looking to get a semi to haul the trucks out there.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/mid-west-region/158466-2013-summit-mid-west-chat.html

I've drooled over the photos for the last several years and Lord willing I'll be there :clap: and will drive out if I have to!!
Holy crap! Now that's a cool idea.....if it's feasible. So, have you guys actually looked into it yet to find out how much something like that would cost? If it's same (or even a little more) than the gas money it would take to do the drive, it's a no-brainer to keep the miles off the FJs.

I want to hear more about this whenever you guys get it figured out...

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I'm worried by the time I figure out if we can go that all the places to camp or stay will be gone. Is there any National Forrest land nearby? And how is the weather there on average during the Summit?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Hiring a Semi sounds pimp! But even though I only get 10-12 mpg, I am looking forward to seeing the country on the drive...you know, half the journey is getting there... My legs and back won't get stiff having to stop every 2 1/2 hours! I hope to convoy with some others from my area, and possibly pick some more up on the way.I plan on heading out on the 15 or 16, will decide when it gets closer.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Hiring a Semi sounds pimp! But even though I only get 10-12 mpg, I am looking forward to seeing the country on the drive...you know, half the journey is getting there... My legs and back won't get stiff having to stop every 2 1/2 hours! I hope to convoy with some others from my area, and possibly pick some more up on the way.I plan on heading out on the 15 or 16, will decide when it gets closer.
Are you kidding me ? :mecry: Leave Cincy on Sat the 13th and wheel in Moab with me on Mon the 15th and Tues the 16th. :bigthumb:

21 - 40 of 92 Posts