Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
Hiring a Semi sounds pimp! But even though I only get 10-12 mpg, I am looking forward to seeing the country on the drive...you know, half the journey is getting there... My legs and back won't get stiff having to stop every 2 1/2 hours! I hope to convoy with some others from my area, and possibly pick some more up on the way.I plan on heading out on the 15 or 16, will decide when it gets closer.
Are you kidding me ? :mecry: Leave Cincy on Sat the 13th and wheel in Moab with me on Mon the 15th and Tues the 16th. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I would love to Woody...but summer is my busy season. I am lucky to get a week, don't want to push my luck!

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
158 Posts
Asked the wife last night if she would like to go and the response was "if it is something you want to do" so this morning I made hotel reservations for the whole week!
Really looking forward to putting faces with the names I have been seeing here for the last months since I got the sandstorm.
I am not sure what I am more excited about FJ's by the dozens, new friends, Some of the most beautiful scenery I could hope to see while off-roading, a week of parties and fun!!!:clap:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Asked the wife last night if she would like to go and the response was "if it is something you want to do" so this morning I made hotel reservations for the whole week!
Really looking forward to putting faces with the names I have been seeing here for the last months since I got the sandstorm.
I am not sure what I am more excited about FJ's by the dozens, new friends, Some of the most beautiful scenery I could hope to see while off-roading, a week of parties and fun!!!:clap:
I'm more excited to get out of Texas and see some beautiful scenery!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hopping to make it for the first time this year just depends on if the misses wants to go

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just made my reservations @ the Koa for our first Summit. I realize its a wee bit premature but I figured it would be easier to cancel than find a place later on. Now, to get the Brick ready.... Anybody else coming from the Knoxville, Tn area??

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts
I really hope I can make it again this year!!! Last year was so much fun!!! And I really want to be there for longer! I was only there for Saturday and Sunday last year!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just made my reservations @ the Koa for our first Summit. I realize its a wee bit premature but I figured it would be easier to cancel than find a place later on. Now, to get the Brick ready.... Anybody else coming from the Knoxville, Tn area??
Same here. I made my reservations as soon as the dates were released. When I told my wife how long the trip would be she said "you can go, Ill stay here" so like any good husband I said "OK"

·
Registered
13 Posts
This will be my first Summit and I was wondering what the schedule has been like in previous years, with full understanding that this might not hold true for this year. Specifically, I am wondering if I should book lodging for the 17th - 21st, or if the 21st is a bit of a dead day and if I could get on the road. I have a long drive back, and even if I left midday, I could knock off a few hundred miles.

I realize this question might be completely subjective... but if there is a grand closing ceremony on the 21st that I can't miss, then it is not. Thanks.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
we'll be coming from Atlanta. Gonna go through AK, OKC, Amarillo, NM on the way out...CO, KS, MO, then Nashville on the way back! Stoked! Camping, too.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
we'll be coming from Atlanta. Gonna go through AK, OKC, Amarillo, NM on the way out...CO, KS, MO, then Nashville on the way back! Stoked! Camping, too.:cheers:
Heck yes! Sounds like my journey. Starting in Cincinnati and headed straight out via I-70W passing through St. Louis, Kansas City and probably staying in Colorado Springs for the night to get adjusted to the altitude.

Where ya camping?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Heck yes! Sounds like my journey. Starting in Cincinnati and headed straight out via I-70W passing through St. Louis, Kansas City and probably staying in Colorado Springs for the night to get adjusted to the altitude.

Where ya camping?
Leaving Ouray and heading to Lake Pueblo State Park, CO, Wilson State Park, KS, Onondaga Cave State Park, MO, maybe stay with friend in Nashville, then back to the ATL! On the way out...not sure except for we'll be in Chama, NM at Heron Lake for a few days before the Summit. It'll be our first time coming back this way. We go to NM every year, but usually take the southern route back home.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Alaska will add quite an enormous distance to your road-trip. I guess you'll have a few months to plan it all out though. So, here's to the adventure of a lifetime (I know it would be for me). :cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
We're traveling from Knoxville. Going North West first then South East on way back. Staying at the koa. Starting to make packing list now, ha

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Hopping to make it for the first time this year just depends on if the misses wants to go

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
If she doesn't then leave her! :rofl: That's what I do! :jester: In 3 years she has never gone....

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Alaska will add quite an enormous distance to your road-trip. I guess you'll have a few months to plan it all out though. So, here's to the adventure of a lifetime (I know it would be for me). :cheers:
:lol: I think he ment Arkansas NOT Alaska! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
haha. i meant AR. doh. yeah, AK would be a little out of the way!:lol:

41 - 60 of 92 Posts