Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my FJ for a few months now and I've always wondered what the 8 dots that go across the top of the windsheild are for.... any ideas?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I wondered the same thing when I bought it. I sort of assumed it was for the installers to help with clip placement or something. I'd be interested to find out why they are there as well.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
We are not supposed to talk about such things.

Seriously, I want to know the answer, too.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Industrial Graphics - purely aesthetic - but seriously - :thinkerg:

-

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
DOTS? 23,000 miles and I haven't seen any dots, going to check right now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well you got me, just had the windshield replaced today, diden't do too bad allmost two years. I don't know why for some reason the dots seemed to jump out now, just don't rember them from the old one.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I have wondered this as well. I am thinking for just looks. Like how a lot of manufacturers have the 3 rows of dots that fade into black around the edge of the windshield.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
The simple answer is: Aliens. Crop circles and windshield dots. What next?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
No dots on my 2007 FJ original windshield, or I don't know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
565 Posts
they are there so the factory robotics that install the glass have a place to align the suction cups to the windshield to insure proper placement. If the windshields are not placed perfectly on the racks next to the assembly line the robot still can self align and pick up each windshield in the exact same spot.

·
Registered
565 Posts
yes. skynet has already done just that. You are talking to a computer program now. I am not real. I am a model T3000 sent back to manipulate the FJ cruiser owners into submission.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I just had a feeling Skybot exists and that the T-3000's were slowly infiltrating us humans threw mind control as our Fj's will certainly be a worthy machine in the overall master plan to take total control!!!

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
yes. skynet has already done just that. You are talking to a computer program now. I am not real. I am a model T3000 sent back to manipulate the FJ cruiser owners into submission.
:lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::cheers:

-

·
Registered
923 Posts
They are part of the targeting and control system for incoming rocks... flying rocks on their way in lock into the dots and are able to then precisely target the weak spots in the front glass and crack it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts