Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellow forum-ites. I have just purchased and am awaiting delivery of a 2010 Trail Teams Edition FJ. Having been a long time 80 Series owner, builder and lover I have come to the dark side (apparently we have cookies over here?) I am looking forward to interaction about our vehicles of choice. Now be nice to me guys, I am old.
Old Rino

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome fellow TT owner.....I see this is your first post....nice!!

And yes, the cookies are quite tasty! LOL

Congrats on your purchase!!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
nothing dark about this side that i know of - the Cruiser's a worthy successor to the FJ throne by all accounts. (we do still have cookies though.) a hearty welcome - enjoy that thing, and your membership here. you'll find it easy to enjoy both!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Welcome aboard. So... did you keep your 80?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.
Welcome to the forums!

:cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Still have the '96 80 Series. My son in law has a 60 and a new Tundra. I can bame him for this desire to have a "new" vehicle. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That pic of your 80 looks like my '96 80. Great pic and great beast of burden. Looking forward to the FJ experience! Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks as if we will have to be sure to get in the right vehicle after breakfast. The TT on order looks like yours. Great, now I won't have to take any pictures of my own, I can just use yours. Thanks for the welcome. Enjoy your FJ!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome! I will part with my 80 when the second ice age approaches. Too much fun to part with! Gotta love the Beast and all of her idiocyncracies. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gunny, Just looked at your 60 project. Awesome base vehicle. What plans are in the works? If you send me a pm I will paste a copy of the son in laws 60. We have lots of hours in it and it is a great vehicle. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to the FJ and still love my 80 for its utility. Looking forward to the FJ to find out about its capabilities. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum, looking at going the other way myself, 80 in the near future

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Gunny, Just looked at your 60 project. Awesome base vehicle. What plans are in the works? If you send me a pm I will paste a copy of the son in laws 60. We have lots of hours in it and it is a great vehicle. Good luck.
Right now, I need to get the beast running. Just put a battery in it this morning and it turns over fine. Needs the carb put back on.

Going to keep it essentially stock for now. Will be a daily driver (short commute to work) and weekend wheeler/camper. My 12 year old son has really taken a liking to the truck, so he will be helping me with it.

Is your son a member of IH8MUD? Tons of info over there for Landcruisers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts