Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I´ve installed 886/896 setup on my fj last week, and I´m expirencing some "wiki wiki" sonds while driving, like metal scratching and dry metal hit sound when I pass over a street hole.

This not happened with stock suspension, I have Rockteck front bumper and Superwinch 9.0 EPI in front, do I need to add more load in front to get this suspension working properly? or could be a bad installation issue?...is this possible? it seems like all parts only fits in the right position and is not possible to put them in wrong way.

Any help or suggestion appreciated,..

Thans in advance...

Ra.-

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've got the 886/896 set-up also but have had no problems. Had it on and off road full flex and extension with no problems. It is a bit stiff and ruff over holes. A bit harder when light and empty. MIght check your install but can't think of what it could be. You should have some heavy weight though if you are running that set-up. Could damage your shocks if not.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
You should be okay with a rocktek and a winch, but ideally you'd want a heavier bumper for those springs. Metal on metal sound? Pressure wash the entire front suspension to clean it up and then closely inspect all of the front suspension to see if you can find any rubbing spots or paint missing. My guess is you are having the UCA contact the coils.

Aftermarket UCA would fix that issue.

You also need to make sure that the coil seat on the bottom faces the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all guys for you kind reply, I will give a presure wash to the front of my rig and check what could be that sound.

I think is not the suspension, it looks like the bumper is rubbing with metal piece of the body, because it sounds when I push the rig from side to side and not up and down.

I´ll let you know what I found.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yes, it could also be the outer bumper frame pieces that extend on each side to the headlight support bracket. 2 10mm bolts on each side and they're off. I had the same problem with my Demello Bumper.
Interesting Landy, I´ll try to take a look to those bolts closely, maybe could be the same case.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

I finally found the desperating sound he he he, It was the A/A house connection bolt in front of the rig was scratching the bumper...

I´ll upload some pics this weekend

Thanks a lot to all of you guys.

Cheers...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts