Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally had some time to get all these pics and videos up from the June 21st meet up and run at 8th street in Wind Gap PA. Me and Tai Mai Shu were the only ones there, but it was still awesome and tons of video and pics to share.

this is what happens when you try to take a bug offroading..

Now for the videos!!

YouTube - Toyota FJs Through Water

YouTube - FJ TT Water Crossing

this was scary :worried:
YouTube - FJ TT Climbing Down A Slope

YouTube - FJ Cruiser Mud Pass

YouTube - FJ Through Mud Inside

YouTube - FJ coming through some mud
yes that's my belt squeaking

i actually still have more pics and videos, i'll post em later when i'm not so lazy :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
nice. Ya seems like my belt likes to squeek like that after i go through water. I like the video where it say puddle. I would say thats bigger than a puddle.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That looked like fun
Yes the belt will squeal when its wet

Not to critize you Mr logan but you must be smooth with the accelerator and brakes in tight situations. Most of the time off road slow and steady is the way to go. The FJ is quite cabable and can "creep" its way thru and over obstacles. Practice make perfect and I see you are getting lots of practice. I wish I had more time to join in the fun.

Blastin thru mud is always fun as long as you don't get stuck in the middle

Also once again your photography skills are impressive

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Very nice - looks like a great place to wheel - thanks much - :cheers:

-

-

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Awesome pics and videos!!!!:rocker: Make sure to do the scuba mod if you're gonna be doing lots of water crossing and stuff!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
this is what happens when you try to take a bug offroading..
That's what you call a Litter Bug!!!!:rofl::rofl::jester::jester::lol::lol::rofl:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:rofl:

It was a lot of fun, I know I gotta learn to ease into the clutch, is it just me or is it a lot harder in four low? The clutch just seems to grab right in. It wasn't until I put it back into 4hi that I could ease the clutch out.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The stick has its plus's and minus's
Once you master it its advantages will come in handy off road

Yes it grabs MUCH quicker in lo
You will not need much if any gas just "feather the clutch"
just rest your foot on the gas and ease the clutch in and out to either move forward or hold your position.

SLOW AND STEADY in 4lo thru terrain like that

Fast and furious thru mud in 4hi

I used to be able to start from a dead stop in 4th gear in the old Bronco without slipping the clutch when I had it in 4lo. In "creeper gear" the spedo wouldn't even move before I had to shift to second

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
looks like you guys had a great time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts