Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to do something to the Scorpion FJ's audio system, however any fancy speakers in the back will be destroyed by shifting gear because I use the rig for off-road fun. I'm not an audiophile in the true sense or one of my first upgrades would have been the speakers/audio, not the last. And then there's the issue of an alarm.

I plan to drop by your shop tomorrow with another FJ owner to speak to you all in person, but out of curiosity (for both me and the forum) - what do you recommend for basic improvement without stacking speakers in the back where they won't survive?

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anything that is in the rear can be secured. i have done lots of enclosures that i had to secure for offroading.
There's also the issue of space in the rear. On a full load-out for two people, I am a bit short on space. And even though everything in the back is in Pelican Cases and is cinched down, there is the inevitable rubbing, etc. So I'm looking for a front-cab sound upgrade at the risk of not having a 'perfect' solution to the sound equation.

·
Registered
794 Posts
It's time to do something to the Scorpion FJ's audio system, however any fancy speakers in the back will be destroyed by shifting gear because I use the rig for off-road fun. I'm not an audiophile in the true sense or one of my first upgrades would have been the speakers/audio, not the last. And then there's the issue of an alarm.

I plan to drop by your shop tomorrow with another FJ owner to speak to you all in person, but out of curiosity (for both me and the forum) - what do you recommend for basic improvement without stacking speakers in the back where they won't survive?
There are many many ways to make relatively unobtrusive yet functional bass additions. We have previously added 10" and 12" boxes that take up roughly the space of the factory sub. This can be done in a way that is pretty well protected yet produces good sound.

Look forward to seeing you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts