Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was a little thrown off by the way the article started.... but like what they had to say overall.....

I would hate for this rig to get the name of "poor mans H3" even though it is in the same price range...

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
what a ridiculous article. Okay the side lamps are not fog lamps, for one.

Two...I LOVE GATORADE :D and drink it when I bike or run all of the time.....if they're trying to appeal to the outdoors Xterra crowd, newsflash - most of these people are active and like their sports drinks. I boycott Walmart....and I can't remember the last time I was in Sears. I DO love to tinker with my truck or car or house or or...

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but I think they got it wrong....

Bleh...why didn't they just say, "the FJ is made for the two-toothed redneck that drinks Bud and plays his banjo?"

boo on that article

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought you might like this one. I liked the his and her angle. And I like Gatorade too, and Powerade for that matter.

What have we become?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
......uh, Sears, two days ago.....sorry :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
This article reminds me of my original question. Why is Toyota making the FJ40 retro off-road monster in a 4x2 option, and limiting overall production?

"The base 4x2 model -- or what I have taken to calling the "Yoga Edition" -- is available only with a five-speed automatic transmission and that should suit the non-off-roaders just fine."

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
LRinDallas said:
This article reminds me of my original question. Why is Toyota making the FJ40 retro off-road monster in a 4x2 option, and limiting overall production?

"The base 4x2 model -- or what I have taken to calling the "Yoga Edition" -- is available only with a five-speed automatic transmission and that should suit the non-off-roaders just fine."

to appeal to the SoCal LA crowd maybe :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think the sears thing is an age issue. I just got a $50 gift card from my aunt for Xmas...which made me realize that I have not been to sears in about 5 years.

As for the article, I agree that parts of it did kinda make those that wanted it sound like a bunch of trailer park rednecks...

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I Guess They Were Talking About Me.... I Am From Alabama, I Shop At Wal-mart, And I Have Even Enjoyed A Beer Or 2. But I Also Am Moving To The Golf Course, I Have A Very Successful Profesional Wife Who Drives A Lexus, And We Have Been Known To Fly To La. And Go Snow Skiing On Big Bear.....
(i Havent Played My Banjo In Years).

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
EJR said:
......uh, Sears, two days ago.....sorry :eek:

OK, let me explain, the wifey, you remember her, the one that flagged down the FJ and got me the test drive, well, she bought me a Craftsman tool chest for Christmas (your right, she is the best!), something about organizing my garage so when my FJ comes....although we all know, wrenching won't be necessary.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
missmy60 said:
I Guess They Were Talking About Me.... I Am From Alabama, I Shop At Wal-mart, And I Have Even Enjoyed A Beer Or 2. But I Also Am Moving To The Golf Course, I Have A Very Successful Profesional Wife Who Drives A Lexus, And We Have Been Known To Fly To La. And Go Snow Skiing On Big Bear.....
(i Havent Played My Banjo In Years).
friggin yuppieneck :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bostonian1976 said:
Bleh...why didn't they just say, "the FJ is made for the two-toothed redneck that drinks Bud and plays his banjo?"

Thats whats so funny. I don't know too many two-toothed reds that can afford a 30K vehicle !!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Man, that journalist was such a weenie -- I think he mistook his JEEP press release for the Toyota!

But now that I think about it, doesn't a beer drinking - (hicup!), garage dwelling (hicup!), wal-mart wearing (hic-up!) American Chopper watching (hic!) customer describe 7/8th of America ? Is this going to be a blue State or a Red State vehicle... Hummm? Well, it gets to my Psyche pretty well, except I'm more a Merlot and "Lost" man.

And maybe I spend a little too much time in the garage, but that's only trying to find lost tools and parts.

Maybe he's on to something ???

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The "Yoga Edition" I love it!

Bobbi is this for you and do ya do yoga?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well, they may be singling us out gents, but journalists can't read... so don't sweat it too much.

Besides, if they were targeting the FJ to alcoholics, the center console would be a keg-o-rater... The guy that wrote it has probably come to our friendly little forum and got told to take a hike after posting nonsense.

Truth is, WE are the market. WE rule... and when we get our FJ's those yuppy, wannabe enthusiasts in their stupid lexus luxmobiles can stand the hell by and watch as we have all the fun!

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Percy said:
Well, they may be singling us out gents, but journalists can't read... so don't sweat it too much.

Besides, if they were targeting the FJ to alcoholics, the center console would be a keg-o-rater... The guy that wrote it has probably come to our friendly little forum and got told to take a hike after posting nonsense.

Then the new Range Rover must be geared to alkies! I got into one at the auto show, flipped a little switch in the center console, and a fridge turned on in the little console under the armrest. Soooooo cool

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dat der wus one redicker*&*&...ridicker^&%&....Betty Jo how der ya spill dat der rederckerus word...aw hell just give me a Pabst!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts