Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 model and I've noticed the A/C works most times when I first start it up but stops blowing cold, after anywhere from 5-30 min of driving. A/C is set to max cold (almost all summer here in Vegas) and blower to high. Blower fan speed never changes, I just go from having frosty air to warm air out the vents. Every time it fails I turn the blower to "OFF" then back on again. I would say only 20% of the time this actually fixes it. Interestingly, if I park and shut the engine off for a bit then back on the A/C always starts up. Yesterday I changed out the Mag Clutch Relay and thought I had it fixed. The A/C ran fine all the way to work but on the way home it failed about 10 min into driving home. As I've always done before I cycled to "OFF" then as I made the first click back to "ON" I popped 4 different dash lights, "check engine" "VSC Trac", "VSC Off" and the one with the skidding tires. I pulled the code reader out to see if anything shows up and I had two codes: P0117 (ENG coolant temp circuit low input) and C1201 (DTC- ENG control System). Any ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you serviced the freon at all? You might also need to replace the actual mag clutch if the relay didn't help, or just the whole compressor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have a peak at the a/c line on the condenser in front of rad
You can see It if you pop your hood very visible
Check for kinks/ slight bends
It’s a very flimsy line easy to inspect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts