Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The A/C switch is stuck on. I have not gotten too far into troubleshooting this yet.
The A/C (snowflake light) goes off if I turn off the fan.

The A/C does not turn off when repeatedly pushing the snowflake button.
(after the first few tries I got insistent...)

Also, I have not paid enough attention to realize if the compressor is cycling when the evaporator gets cold.

Is this probably going to be the relay having stuck in the closed position?

I searched a few terms and kept coming up "No Subject Found"

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just thought I’d ask, the temp selector knob isn’t completely turned counter clockwise to “max AC” is it? That’ll override your button and turn on your ac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh... i dunno, perhaps...

How do I delete a post so as to not reveal my ignorance.
I do admit that I have not been driving the FJ much. I know about this, yet it slipped my mind.

I'm glad you caught me before I sawed open the compressor clutch relay to free the welded contacts.
Thank you...

·
Registered
415 Posts

I do admit that I have not been driving the FJ much. I know about this, yet it slipped my mind.

I'm glad you caught me before I sawed open the compressor clutch relay to free the welded contacts.
Thank you...

No guarantees, a lot of things get overlooked when troubleshooting, just thought I’d remind you of this just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
On my Corolla it will stay on if the windshield defroster is on too - I should know this about the FJ (but I dont drive it much)

Don't be embarrassed - we all overlook stuff....if that is indeed the issue.

My wifes BMW seems to keep the A/C on too - i don't feel like spending the money to see if it does or does not - :)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts

Thank you...
These things happen. I do like simple fixes.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
On my Corolla it will stay on if the windshield defroster is on too - I should know this about the FJ (but I dont drive it much)

Don't be embarrassed - we all overlook stuff....if that is indeed the issue.

My wifes BMW seems to keep the A/C on too - i don't feel like spending the money to see if it does or does not - :)

I believe our FJs do the same thing in defrost mode. Also, in defrost mode, it will always draw fresh air and won’t let you recirculate the air via the button.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
My AC button will stick on. I've never used the ac much but have done so more the last couple of years especially on dusty trails (learned my lesson). Takes several tries to get it unstuck.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
If the switch is sticking and you have to fiddle with it to change positions and it bothers you .....change the switch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just go my FJ a couple months ago and resist using the AC (sun roof, windows... fresh air and all that)

Just the other day I mentioned that to my husband while he was driving he looked at me funny and turned the knob and I felt like an idiot!

·
Registered
97 Posts
My AC button will stick on. I've never used the ac much but have done so more the last couple of years especially on dusty trails (learned my lesson). Takes several tries to get it unstuck.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
My recirc button sticks from time to time and I'm resisting replacing it until I do my head unit. I know it's not too hard to take the dash apart but it does it so seldom right now I'm putting it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts