Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad to say, I get more scratches on the tops of the rails - from the cleats on the bottom of my mountain bike shoes. Sure, I could take my shoes off before mounting the bikes... not gonna happen... Got tired of painting the rails... Figured grip tape (like a skateboard deck) would get chewed up and become a gummy mess... So...

I cut the sidewall off a mountain bike tire - it actually lays flat once the bead and sidewall are gone. Used some industrial adhesive (not sure how it's going to hold) and zip ties to hold it till the glue dries.

It is way more "grippy" than the textured paint. Love the feel. Looks cool too... for a mountain biker ;)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$15 at Performance Bike... Wasn't about to shred the Kendas ;)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Very creative and I'm sure it will grip for a no slip surface!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Not gonna lie, that is one of the coolest, most UNIQUE mods i have seen in a long time. Way to think outside the box!

And it looks cool.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Nice rubbers.....

oops ...wrong thread........

Ok now that I have that out of my system I have to agree that this is one of the best examples of "exterior box" thinking.....Bravo.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice thinking, that a pretty sweet idea!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Cool idea, Manhattan!

toby

·
Registered
851 Posts
That is an awesome idea. It looks very cool. :rocker:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys are too kind... thanks for the comments

It's about time someone comes up with something NEW....Way to go!!!!!!
Dude - you have GOT to see my new Hi-Lift Jack mount!
(thanks ;) )

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.