Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
All these "uh oh, something ripped" threads always get me anxious that mine will do the same... I'm trying to convince myself that wheeling will beat up my rig, and I just try to think that it will hold on forever. What's a crack, anyway. Just look at is your rig saying, I had some pent up aggression, and now it's relieved. Like a bursting appendix. It feels great when it happens, but then the risk of infection begins...

Random thoughts from VooDude...

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
These are totally separate from the tearing in the crumple zones up above, although it's the same continuous piece of sheet metal. I'd suspect that its the same force showing up on the opposite edge of the metal part.

They're not likely to connect, because the flat spot on top of the wheel well (where all the stuff is bolted down) can flex up and down small amounts for a much longer time and not crack. Tears will therefore not proceed through this surface. Both the upper crumple zone tear and the lower wheel well tear are vertical surfaces and unable to flex in the up/down direction. I believe the cracks would, at worst, proceed till they reach the flat region, and then stop.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Bellydoc... you of all people have to agree with me with the appendix bursting, fender well cracking analogy...

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These trucks are just crap:rofl:
I'll bring some scissors over and we can do yours. Then its you and me, class action lawsuit straight to the bank!! :thinkerg:

·
Registered
365 Posts
These trucks are just crap:rofl:
I know your just kidding, but by some of these threads, some people could get that impression! I love mine, and will have it until forever.

·
NWFJCC Moderator
2,804 Posts
Bernd made it over here....is yours ripped buddy....

Don't take it personally but your bulge thread prolly turned more people away from the FJ than any other single thing.....
That was not my intent at all. When I posted I was just curious if anyone else had the same rips as I did. You if fact tried your hardest to discredit me. I'm sorry that it turned out that way but I still enjoy my rig and will keep it until it doesn't run anymore.
I was hoping to meet you in Ouray and talking to you in person. Well maybe some day.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a feeling not many are experiencing this... but if this spirals out of control I WILL have the thread deleted without question.

The cracks don't bother me, just thought it was interesting!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts