Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will we have the 12vdc power receptacle beneath the glove compartment like the original (late model?) cruisers?
This was a handy feature. Twin blade U.S. plugs would fit if you trimmed the wide blade.

Will it include the inspection / map lamp?

Is the active speaker roof a composite like the original?

Can we remove the doors easily?

Wheel stud pattern (5-6 bolt)?

I see we've lost about two quarts from the pan. Shipping with Dino, or Synthetic?

Will we have PTO capabilities?

Is the exhaust still Stainless Steel?

Do the rear quarter side widows open?

Any chance the internal fridge will make it back? To the U.S.?

Will we have a 2nd heater in the rear?

Do we get another tool kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
IQAK said:
Will we have the 12vdc power receptacle beneath the glove compartment like the original (late model?) cruisers?
This was a handy feature. Twin blade U.S. plugs would fit if you trimmed the wide blade.

Will it include the inspection / map lamp?

Is the active speaker roof a composite like the original?

Can we remove the doors easily?

Wheel stud pattern (5-6 bolt)?

I see we've lost about two quarts from the pan. Shipping with Dino, or Synthetic?

Will we have PTO capabilities?

Is the exhaust still Stainless Steel?

Do the rear quarter side widows open?

Any chance the internal fridge will make it back? To the U.S.?

Will we have a 2nd heater in the rear?

Do we get another tool kit?
Sorry, IQAK, the FJC will not, much to our displeasure, be your mother's FJ40...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
AngryCorgi said:
I hope you're kidding. I hope your PTO does not stand for Power Take-Off. You could always buy a tractor with PTO! :D

my Land Rover has that!! see hole in rear bumper...



and the small one in the front is for a PTO winch lol.....

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bostonian1976 said:
my Land Rover has that!! see hole in rear bumper...
--8<--
and the small one in the front is for a PTO winch lol.....
--8<--
I believe the hole in the front is for the manual crank.
The 40's had them too. I think the jack handle fits into a ratchet on the front of the main crankshaft. Just the thing you need if you've swamped your cruiser, or otherwise, can't push start it. Never had to crank either of mine manually.

I was hoping there might be a few Tacoma owners out there that might know if their transfer case have a PTO output access cover.
I know the 40's and 60's did. I've met several people with an original PTO winch. A few who have used them to drive hydraulic and water pumps etc. I've never owed one myself.

I suspect some of the answers to my questions will be no, but then again, it could just add more icing to our cake(s).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I seriously doubt the FJC will have PTO. I have a PTO winch on my '82 FJ-40.

Yes, PTO stands for Power Take Off. In fact, the transfer case attachment has two faces. The front goes to the winch. I'm wondering if I can put a second PTO winch in the back ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,355 Posts
IQAK said:
I believe the hole in the front is for the manual crank.
you're absolutely right...my mistake. I know it has a PTO take off in the front somewhere for the winch....
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top