Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the last day of 2019 marked me watching my FJ sail off into the sunset with its new owner. For those of you wondering, it had 72k miles on it and sold for $29,000. It took about a month to sell. I sold it without my Eezi Awn tent, awning, and all my rack accessories. I am not sure what I am going to get next but I do know that it must have a V8 and space for my German Shepherd to relax while camping. I am leaning towards a first Gen Tundra or around a 2014 Tundra. In the back of my mind though, a 100 Series Landcruiser is also an option.

After owning the vehicle for over 5 years, I used this forum extensively and I thank all of you for your support and knowledge. I never built mine out to be an extreme off roader but it served its purpose. Moving forward, again, I want a V8, 4 doors, a spot for my dog, and to build my next rig for fly-fishing and camping.

I'll still stick around to see what you guys are up to. I will also be at Overland Expo West again this year but with my new rig.

I do have some extra stuff left over so if anyone is interested, I might be throwing those up for sale. Roof delete kit, bumper wings, antennae, stock skids? Probably some more stuff.

Signing off,

Tyler

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Tyler,
Farewell, and pet your GSD for me!
(best dogs in the world!!!)
Good luck & blessings for 2020!
D :)(y)

Reactions: tsfarling

·
17,824 Posts
Well damn Ty. Let us know what you've got to sell and we'll keep a light on for you! CHEERS

Happy Hunting for the new ride.

·
Admin
9,891 Posts
Take care Tyler!
?

There will always be a place here for ya.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I found a low mileage 2013 5th Gen 4Runner Limited. Didn't expect to buy a 4runner but nothing else was really out there right now that I liked. 56k miles and loaded to the max with goodies on the Limited model.

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,375 Posts
Wow, sad to see you go! You've been an epic member of the community. Take care man! Hopefully you swing back around here someday again. But I am interested in that roof rack delete kit possibly, so let me know!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, sad to see you go! You've been an epic member of the community. Take care man! Hopefully you swing back around here someday again. But I am interested in that roof rack delete kit possibly, so let me know!
I will be up in Salt Lake this weekend. I could bring them by. $50 delivered to you in person and a chance to see my new ride. Ha!

Reactions: FJX2000

·
トヨタ Master
16,331 Posts
Bummer, but I understand a guy has to shift with priorities in life. You'll like the Tundra (probably! LOL). You can still hang around here. Lots of folks have switched and are still part of the community. Nobody is banished....well, not for that anyway. :LOL:

What's this about a Roof Delete Kit?????

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bummer, but I understand a guy has to shift with priorities in life. You'll like the Tundra (probably! LOL). You can still hang around here. Lots of folks have switched and are still part of the community. Nobody is banished....well, not for that anyway. :LOL:

What's this about a Roof Delete Kit?????

I have a roof delete kit for sale $50? I have no idea what they go for. Is that too cheap?

·
17,824 Posts
I have a roof delete kit for sale $50? I have no idea what they go for. Is that too cheap?
What's in it? Should be 6 white caps, 6 cap brackets, 12 short bolts, 6 roof rail brackets with plastic inserts.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If I were to sell my FJ or it got toasted somehow, I would go back to the Landcruiser again. If it was a big dog issue, then the LC wins again. You might want to consider one that is older and has less crap hung from it, like airbags, etc. Buy one for less than your FJ sold for is quite possible too...

Rotsa Ruck!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's in it? Should be 6 white caps, 6 cap brackets, 12 short bolts, 6 roof rail brackets with plastic inserts.
I have 6 white caps and 12 short black bolts. That's all I took off when I removed it. I have the same as what this kit shows.

Reactions: Hannibal

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I were to sell my FJ or it got toasted somehow, I would go back to the Landcruiser again. If it was a big dog issue, then the LC wins again. You might want to consider one that is older and has less crap hung from it, like airbags, etc. Buy one for less than your FJ sold for is quite possible too...

Rotsa Ruck!
I chose a 4runner due to the Landcruiser not having a nice roll down window in the back. My dog is going to love that!

Reactions: Hannibal

·
トヨタ Master
16,331 Posts
I have 6 white caps and 12 short black bolts. That's all I took off when I removed it. I have the same as what this kit shows.

I apologize. I thought you said roof "delete" kit. You had me there. LOL Wish someone would make that a thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts