Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well looked up,this link for someone so thought I’d just put a quick update.

Have barely used the FJ since the install but am still happy with it. Either I’ve got used to the stiff rear springs or it has settled and I’ve go the adjusters about right.

I know find I’m flying round the tight lanes at 60 without noticing that my speed has increased which is testament in itself, with the previous set up it felt dangerous at 40. It is ‘planted’ and predictable, yes it is stiff but it rides nice. Was a lot of hassle and still not sure if the rear shocks are as they should be for an FJ but I have loads of travel and a good ride. All looks like new still as I made covers for front and rear.

No doubt I could have done a better set up, or at least as good with different brands but we could all do that for ever. I’m happy to have Fox

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reviving and old post...

Zeros, do you have any long term opinions of this setup. specifically the rear? I put the stock height 883-26-004 in my back end a little over a year ago and haven't had any issues with the shocks even after several high-speed long distance runs in the desert but I have recently managed to collapse my springs so I am going to lift the back the full 3" like you did. Can you confirm the shock part number is 883-26-006 (| Truck Shocks | FOX I'm about to pull the trigger and would be nice to get a fitment confirmation from someone who actually has them.

Thanks in advance!

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
@jeppacrzy Yes I can say I am now very happy with the ride and the set up, I wasn’t too sure about them initially. As for the part number I would double check, another member just fitted the same too, I think in the ‘what did you do to your FJ today’ thread. Mine seem to be stamped with a special part ref 983-26-006 and I thought this was becuase I had remote reservoirs and the standard shock is integrated resi.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts