Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story started last weekend when I backed down an incline on the pre-run for the Northeast Lobster run. After failing to make it up AND over the incline several times before winching out , with the aid of Zazou as my anchor, I mangled my OEM exhaust to the point where it was driveable but sounded like Chevy Chevette with no exhaust. It was severly kinked at the bend going up and over the axle and I believe I ran it over as well. I posted on the forums that I needed an OEM replacement tailpipe literally within an hour of posting Tai Mai Shu(Tuan) came through. No charge. But it gets better. I called Tuan Wednesday night and he just happened to be heading up to Boston from NJ. He re-routed his trip so that he could meet me at our local mall here at home. It's people like this that I have met through the forum that make this an indespensable place to come to. I have met quite a few people from the forum and have not been dissappointed by one of them. As a matter of fact we have forged some very good relationships with a few members. So a HUGE Thank You to Tai Mai Shu who came through and went above and beyond in a pinch. :clap::cheers::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Well alrighty then : )

Cool people are out there and I am glad that your "strife" was quickly appeased by one of them.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
The FJ crowd is a great group of people to hang around with. It really adds to the appeal of FJ ownership. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Congrats..

I've met some great people thru the forum in my search for replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
way to go brothers

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Tai's the man:cheers: glad to hear you got hooked up! ohhh I just trippped over my shoe lace:rofl:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
That is a great story!!!

The FJ community is one big happy!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Great story, I love the camaraderie on this forum. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice story!!!:cheers: Whoo go TMS!!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just so Taun knows, I installed the replacement tailpipe yesterday. What a pain in the ash getting the OEM flange bolts out. Regardless it's in place and my rig sounds healthy again. I will be at the CMCC at Rausch Creek in Pennsylvania on Thursday night, wheelin' Friday with my two kids and a whole heap of Toyotas! This was part of the reason for panic. I didn't want to put a $400 exhaust on and have the same thing happen again. Thanks again Tuan!:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts