Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally got some nice weather to work on my rear speaker install. Here are my pics from beginning to end. These are all of the passenger side, but the drivers side is almost done too, just texture and painting it up now.

And a taste of what's to come......this is where I am mounting one of my amps (JL Audio XD 400/4)...the other side will have a JL Audio XD 600/1 which is the same size but made for sub's.

Man I'm good...

:cheers:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I really want to do this now. Adding more stereo equipment week after next so I might get this done at the same time.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I know this is an old post but...how did you bind the fiberglass to the plastic panel? Was that bondo? Did you use epoxy too?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this is an old post but...how did you bind the fiberglass to the plastic panel? Was that bondo? Did you use epoxy too?
I used rivets to mount the fiberglass piece to the plastic then a flexible epoxy compound that I made a filler out of using epoxy and cabosil then a light layer of bondo. Years later and still no issues...

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
since this thread came back up here are a set of A Pillars Golf Echo made for me a few months back for my Focal 165 KRX3s 3 way component speakers

·
Registered
742 Posts
That is beautiful. I would love to get a set of the rear pods made one day by Golf Echo, that is some amazing work with fiberglass. I've recently worked with fiberglass a little and I know now how much skill it takes to get a smooth curves and finish such as that.

Amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts