Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in FJ Summit's past we had a kid's raffle. Every year some fine folks from the South East section would get together, plan it and put it on at the summit. All of the work came with no time support from us directors, we just pitched in $500 from the FJ Summit fund to help pay for the toys. Anyway, those south east folks are not coming this year, and we are in desperate need for another team to take it over. Since I get word from t2cruiser that the Texas crew are good people and would absolutely kill it on this assignment, I'm asking you guys if you would be interested.

Like I said it would be a mostly autonomous operation on our end, just hoping that it gets done. We'd obviously provide a head count of all the kids there, and some insight to schedule / time and how it went down in previous years. If you guys don't want to do it, that's fine, I just wanted to give you first dibs.

Thanks a lot!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
If Texas doesn't step up to the plate (yeah, Wilson--I'm calling you out...LOL), Team Utah would be interested in helping out!

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
What is involved with this?:huh:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Can you provide more info on whats involved. Two years ago my kids had a blast with the raffle! The cool thing was that all kids in attendance left with at least one item and most left with two. Three weeks out means someone needs to jump on this.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you provide more info on whats involved. Two years ago my kids had a blast with the raffle! The cool thing was that all kids in attendance left with at least one item and most left with two. Three weeks out means someone needs to jump on this.
Basically, we just need to give you a number of kids and someone needs to pick up that number of toys. One year, everyone got toy FJ's. We'd pitch in money to help with the effort. Someone could also come up with a fun way to call names or pull tickets.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Im happy to help and can probably get some other in the game. My biggest issue is that there will be 5 of us in my FJ along with all our gear, gonna be a tight trip! How many kids/toys are we talking about?

Anyone else ready to help?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'll have some space and will be in Ouray on Wednesday evening. I'm leaving on the 17th to Moab then on to Ouray on 21st (evening). I'll be leaving Saturday morning so I can probably hand it to someone on Wednesday. Might be better if someone going straight to Ouray and staying to Saturday takes it but willing to take it if no one else steps up.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
If I was going, I'd be more than happy to help out. It was fun watching the kids at the last summit I attended.

For those interested and going, you might get faster and better results by making some phone calls and shooting some e-mails, though. Not everyone will catch this thread on the forum...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll have some space and will be in Ouray on Wednesday evening. I'm leaving on the 17th to Moab then on to Ouray on 21st (evening). I'll be leaving Saturday morning so I can probably hand it to someone on Wednesday. Might be better if someone going straight to Ouray and staying to Saturday takes it but willing to take it if no one else steps up.
I leave for Moab on the 17th also and will pass near Dallas on my way. Coming up from the Houston area, leaving early in the morning. I will have the FJ on a trailer so we should be able to make room in the back of the truck to carry toys. There is a cover on the back so weather would not be an issue. I will be in Ouray on Wednesday.

DallasFJ don’t know your plans but maybe we can caravan to Moab.

·
Registered
209 Posts
For now my plan is to drive straight through to Moab (17 hrs). It sounds like you have a better setup for carrying something to Ouray. Back to original thread.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Any updates? The kids raffle needs to happen! How many kids/toys are we talking about? Anyone else available to help?

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any updates? The kids raffle needs to happen! How many kids/toys are we talking about? Anyone else available to help?
Right now we have 56 kids registered, but we always plan for more just in case someone didn't register their kids like the should've, or late arrivals, etc, etc.

If it is only you who is interested so far, do you mind if I offer it up to one of the other regions to see if anyone can get a group together?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Offer away and let em know if they need help they can call on me.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I'd be happy to help if someone heads it up. I'm very stressed at work right now, but would be more than willing to help purchase/transport/facilitate anything.
I would not be able to head this one up as well but would like to help out some how! I can have $50 when I get into town.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Great!, we appreciate all that want to participate, but still need a person to take charge.

Please PM myself or Jared if you or your spouse is willing to volunteer to head this up. I promise it won't be too much work and the kids will really appreciate it!

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll try and help too. My situation, Ill be there on the 21st leaving sat in the morning. Thing is I'll have 2 puppies with me. But I can try and do whatever.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Texas Summiteers Update;

Matt has stepped up to coordinate this, I have secured some FJS logo kid backpacks and Matt is getting the stuffings. If anybody wants to contribute to the goodie bags (trail bars, squirt guns, glo bars, goodies etc) great! just make sure you have enough for 60. We will need several people to run the raffle. Tickets are free to each kid and everybody wins! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I have granola bars, bubble gum and blow pops to go in the backpacks. I am planning on getting some squirt guns and bouncy balls and possibly some other stuff. Anyone that wants to help please PM me. So far there are two of us working the deal but need other help.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I have granola bars, bubble gum and blow pops to go in the backpacks. I am planning on getting some squirt guns and bouncy balls and possibly some other stuff. Anyone that wants to help please PM me. So far there are two of us working the deal but need other help.
PM Sent:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts