Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to go to north Dallas today and decided to stop in to one of my favorite dives for a burger only to find an empty lot where once stood one of the finest dive burgeries in the country. As I don't get over that way often it may have been gone for a while but this is new news to me. I've been a customer since the mid 80's but I guess I'm going to have to find a new place now. :mecry:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I feel your pain and dissapointment! I used to go way out of my way when I had to drive south bound. My greasy little spoon diner was no longer! Served up the best Steak & Philly cheese sub and some flame thrower hot chilli...

Place was always busy with a 10minute wait to get seated...Owner must have died is all I can figure :mecry:

Great people, service, food , thats priced well is becoming hard to find these days :mecry:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Reminds me of a little hole in the wall Mex. place near where my folks live in Frisco. It got hit by a tornado.

The worst part though (wel, maybe for the customer anyway) is that they ended up rebuilding as part of a new strip mall, and I guess it's all different now....no more cute little hole in the wall place....food's not as good, etc.

So, it's kinda still there, but not really.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This seems to be a trend across the nation... it sucks!!! We had couple classic eateries close in my home town due to money or the owners getting to old. I will have a moment of silence for your "comfort food".

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you talking about "the hole in the wall" off of Harry Hines?
Yep, That's the one. I hope someone at least took down all the bra's nailed up over the bar that were so generously donated by no doubt over served female patrons. :) And all the dive pictures and mounted sea creatures. If you go back far enough you might recall that the owner was an avid diver and it was originally a combination dive shop, burger joint, and blues bar. Then later the dive part got dropped out but I think he still arranged dive trips. I never actually went over there in the evening for the bar as it is pretty far from where I live and in a neighborhood I did not want to get caught in after dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts