Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of researching and dreaming about the FJ, I picked up a new TT SE last weekend. What a machine! I want to thank Kansas Law Dog for his great spreadsheet. It was a great help. This is a great forum, and thanks to all for the education over the last 8 weeks. I do have a couple of questions...

1. I have 200 miles on it, and just realized I've been driving in 4 instead of D. Would doing this cause any harm?

2. I just installed the Toyota hood protector (my first mod) and 1 of the 10mm nuts cannot be tightened. Can that threaded stud be replaced by the dealer under warranty? Also, when attaching the mylar strips, I didn't use any 3M Prep Solvent-70. Who has that stuff in the garage?

3. What happened to the Iceberg paint? My sticker calls it Warm White.

4. Can someone tell me how you can take a brand new TT through the bushes and over rocks without worry? Sounds like a lot of fun...but I think I need to get use to the water temp before I dive in Head First!!!

5. The Fjammer and system sound pretty good to me. Who manufactures that deck? And the 9 speakers? I was surprised that the XM SAT worked without adding any other equipment.

6. What do you use to dress up the interior plastic, when it gets scuffed up?

7. Picked up a Winplus Vehicle Back-Up Camera from Costco. Anyone have any tips for installing that? Will tapping in to the taillights void the warranty?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard :wave:

1. I don't think that it would affect it unless you hit really high speeds where the engine was overreving.
3.I guess you can blame the stealerships.
4.You can first start by adding trail protection such as sliders, skids... and then maybe lifts and tires...
6. search for wet okle seat covers..

Hope that helps :D

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the mod squad.
Chuck:)

·
Premium Member
17,117 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
fka fatbrat40
2,488 Posts
Welcome!! Congrats on the new rig
1.No no harm done..I do not think you have any worries
2.Toyota should be able to help you with this, ask the dealer for help
4, Trail potection..as said by FJCamel..skids, rock sliders..there is a magnet sheild that can be placed over the sides of the FJ to protect the paint from scrapes..do a search on the forum
6. I left mind scuffed up at this point

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The best thing I can add :
Get yourself a 3" lift, I went with Toytec, but there are a few choices out there. The Difference is great next to a stocker. Bunch of Yuppies around here that got an FJ for looks & have no idea that it's even 4WD. You'll love the look of the 3", check out the member build threads & see. You are now under the power of Toyota, Love it.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats on your TT and Welcome Aboard!:bigthumb: :wave:

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Congrats on your FJ and welcome to the forum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts