Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I finally got an opportunity for a little shakedown run today. The FJ is five months old and until today only had commuter miles (~4000). First we did a little 25 mile stretch of I-75 at its hilliest point north of Knoxville Tennessee to test the cruise control. Let me tell you, it is extremely good; uphill or downhill.. It held setpoint (65) no matter what the road did, incredible is all I can say about that. Next we did probably 20 miles of gravel road (at speed), testing out 4H and hitting the washboards. Again, it performed flawlessly and had me wishing I had been driving it last year at Chaco. Lastly, we did a short stretch of Jeep trail and tested out 4LO, ATRAC and the locker.. All in all, it made my Rubicon look/feel like an old John Deere tractor. Sandy thought something was wrong as there wasn’t any gear grinding or bouncing all over the cab/cabin.. LOL
The Quest (Garmin) works just fine attached to the windshield above the cluster. It the sun the glare is terrible, but in the shade it's fine. It wouldn't take much to block the sun from the LCD. I'll fabricate a little visor for it this week and post the details. Ron

1 - 1 of 1 Posts