Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am busy this Saturday morning finishing my blackout job on the ole Cherry Garcia. I did not take the rear bumper off as I masked and whatnot like crazy! I even put the car cover on what parts it will still fit over. Anyway, thanks Dragon and all you other rattle can gods as I would never have had the courage to do this to a relatively still very new rig.

I will post some pics when I get him finished up. I still have to call Layton to get him to walk me in with the mirror removals! Oh LAYONNN...... wake up buddy!

Kim:clap:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Can't wait to see it! I am going to get brave and do it, too, one of these days before Ouray!!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
cool, please post pictures, mine is black cherry to, if yours looks good i might paint mine then, good luck and take your time

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from a haircut and MORE paint! It is really looking good though!!! Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!!!!

Kim

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here is my BC with black Tundra handles as well. Love the look and still debating on doing the mirrors and grill too. A few more pics can be seen in the Members Photo Gallery if you like.

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Yeah! do the mirrors. It looks really nice with the white grill and the rest black.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
When you move in right up close to me
That's when I get the chills all over me

Quivers down my backbone
I got the shakes in my thigh bone
I got the shivers in my knee bone
Shakin' all over

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
looking good do the mirrors.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK folks, now the unveiling of the completed Cherry Garcia. I use "completed" loosely as I really don't ever think he is going to be complete!

Kim

Ta Dah!!!!

Kim

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good Kim!! *sigh* now I guess I gotta finish mine...
But, Nate, consider this..... Now I know how to take the mirrors off and it is EASY! Also, I can show you how to touch up your rear bumper without taking it off.

I am going to redo my front bumper next weekend and I am not going to take it back off to do it, so I can help you out when you are ready!!!

Kim:cheers:

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks sweet. Nice job!!
Thanks Dragon!!! I am actually getting pretty good at it. (Screwed up enough already and had to fix it) I like the fact that I can do my own touch up! I am really impressed with how easy it is to work on these trucks. I mean I will never do mechanical stuff so to speak but I like the body mods!

Kim

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sounds good! Plus I still need to pick up my brush guard from your house...

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good! Plus I still need to pick up my brush guard from your house...
Just let me know Buddy. Be prepared to have your mirrors off for a few hours so the paint has time to dry between coats.

Kim:cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts