Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like to put forth a theory: i theorize (being that i'm a senior n all now, it comes with the turf) that there will be an FJ commercial during the Super Bowl.

It would make perfect sense seeing as how many 30 year old men are watching. And, while it would go against toyota's self-proclaimed highminded approach to selling the FJ by word of mouth, it could easily work as a one-time thing like, for example, Ford did with the GT last year.

What do you think?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmm, I'm thinking if I can get my mini FJ early I can hang it on a chain and wear it to the Super bowl party. Won't stay single for long with that kind of bling!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Get the 4x4 Bobbi, it'll give you major esteem points!

I'd bet you're right Air.... a 15 second Rubicon/Big Bear spot...

I'm with you on that one!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Toyota showed a video at the Greenville event that would make a killer commercial. (Envision FJ Cruiser going airborne and over terrain at high speeds to the sound of ZZ Top's LaGrange.)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
bobbi said:
Hmmm, I'm thinking if I can get my mini FJ early I can hang it on a chain and wear it to the Super bowl party. Won't stay single for long with that kind of bling!
How can any woman considering an FJ, be single...? You want an FJ, you attend superbowl parties... Have I introduced you to the rest of the boyz, yet? You do realize there are around 500 members here and I think you are our, 2nd, lady. Take your pick. Some have been taken already, but I'd bet you can surely find a guy around these parts...
:cool:

·
Registered
552 Posts
How about a combo commercial Carl’s Jr. meets FJ Cruiser with some guy getting ketchup all over the floor while eating one of those $5.99 six dollar burgers. Off-roading…..glam shot….Final shot hosing out the interior. :)

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And another prediction: the Feb/March issue of Car and Driver (which will come out the month before, right?) will have a full test of the FJ and a month or two after that will come a comparo with the FJ vs Xterra vs Liberty vs ? vs ? vs - it won't matter, the FJ will come out #1

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm FJ Cruiser "The new Bentley"

If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your driveway.
Don't bother me...I'm driving.
Without us, some guys would buy a jeep

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!! All lies. Quick before people jump off a cliff .......or worse watch that show to see if it's true, take that back. Toyota does not use convicted felons to promote their vehicles.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yet...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Spike Strip said:
I saw a commerical for the FJC during the mid-point break of Martha Stewart Living...
OMG, I saw it too lolhahaha!1!! They ran it again during the Ellen DeGeneres show.

She was *soooooo* funny. With the dancing. And the being a lesbian thing. Toyota is definitely going after the lesbian-talkshow host watching soccer mom market with the FJ.

I know I'm in!

Ta,
prat

·
Registered
42 Posts
air said:
i'd like to put forth a theory: i theorize (being that i'm a senior n all now, it comes with the turf) that there will be an FJ commercial during the Super Bowl.

It would make perfect sense seeing as how many 30 year old men are watching. And, while it would go against toyota's self-proclaimed highminded approach to selling the FJ by word of mouth, it could easily work as a one-time thing like, for example, Ford did with the GT last year.

What do you think?

I think, about as likely as Microsoft doing a spot to promote the XBox 360.,ya know to stimulate sales and all.(pardon my southern) :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
that there will be an FJ commercial during the Super Bowl.

I would be surprised to see a commercial on the superbowl. Those spots cost $1 million plus. Seems like overkill if they are only going to build 46000 the first year. ON the other hand that's only about 28 bucks per vehicle for advertising. :confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Toyota has a lot of other higher volume vehicles that they would do better to advertise. They have a new camry and RAV4, or they could do another one of those Taco comercials where the trucks falls off a cliff or gets hit by a commet. The FJ is low volume, and super bowl ads will probably go to more mainstream vehicles.

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is a dumb and useless thread. Let it die in peace.

Oh and air....posting every brain fart you have does not make one a senior member. technically i think there are about 5 senior members here...and i'm not one of them. so let's leave the theorizing to the big boys.

On a side note: just curious but are you in high school?

·
Registered
552 Posts
We have video, specs, pics, no embargo why waste time with this? Take a deep breath, smell that? Welcome to a new non embargoed era, cold war over…..real topics.

Thank you..... everyone go write about something that is:

1. True :)
2. Useful :rolleyes:
3. Every brain fart that comes into your head. (Nicely put CS) :mad:

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sniff sniff... is that the scent of rebellion?

So csherrill and mappelman say my brain farts and I am a high school dropout.

I shan't retaliate. I shall only say that I thank you for all of your constructive and interesting threads/posts. It is always a pleasure to read what both of you have to say and I look forward to the constructive thoughts your brains continue to produce in the future.

On a side note: I tend to agree - let's post pictures, names, ages, occupation and education of everyone who is here so that we are better able to know what to expect from whom and who is who.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts