Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put a CB in my 07FJ. I want to move the A-trac, RR diff lock, AC 1500V switches to the left side of steering wheel. Is there an cable harness out there for it or do I need to run wiring myself?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Desert Moderator
5,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
That is a route I'm considering.
Suggestions on stereo and CB units ?

I've looked at a few single DIN stereo that have flat screens that come out and tip up.
I'm using an Alpine single din unit that does most everything a big double din big screen will do.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500HD149BT/Alpine-CDE-HD149BT-CD-Receiver.html
I also mounted the xm adaptor and Alpine 45 watt Amp behind it.
Guess I didn't get a big double din screen unit because I really don't need the distraction and the Alpine works great off the steering wheel controls.
For a GPS I use a stand alone Garmin mounted above the rearview mirror .
I also use them there paper maps to, but not when I be driving .

I purchased a President Bill CB that I will use for the fill under the Alpine unit.
They also make Ham gear as well.
The CB works great and is compact.

Your right on target with your ideas.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I moved some switches around within the button panel as well as move the outlet switch completely over the the left of the steering wheel. It was very easy to cut and extend the wires. My CB is a president McKiney and am pleased with it. I had a Bearcat 980 and was disappointed. The mic is on a vent magnet mount and usually my phone sits right next to it on the other magnet. The radio has the speaker facing forward which really helps. There’s plenty of space for my leg with that location and buttons are easily accessible. The antenna is mounted to the roof rack and I get good reception.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts