Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I use A-Trac in rough situations, I'm hearing all kinds of LOUD popping and pinging noises (almost like springs being pulled taught and released) that seem to come from my steering column and/or firewall area. WTF is up with this? Is it normal? What causes it?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Whenever I use A-Trac in rough situations, I'm hearing all kinds of LOUD popping and pinging noises (almost like springs being pulled taught and released) that seem to come from my steering column and/or firewall area. WTF is up with this? Is it normal? What causes it?
most likely the breaks in action.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Are all your questions in code???

Yep, ATRAC...

·
Registered
259 Posts

a reference to your screen name.

This is considered normal for the ATRAC system, what sounds like your drivetrain detonating and chewing itself to shreads is the sound of tricky technology. sounds like its working perfectly

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is considered normal for the ATRAC system, what sounds like your drivetrain detonating and chewing itself to shreads is the sound of tricky technology. sounds like its working perfectly
Thanks! That's EXACTLY what it sounded like! Had me very concerned! Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

Yep, ATRAC...
(I assume you refer to my profession, but I also note that you could mean my questions aren't clear. Which is it?)
1) I have no idea what your profession is.
2) I answered on the second line.
3) Don't do a Turing on us, okay? :) :)

Yes, to screen name. and see below...:bouncy:

i love this sound..what a great option on the fjc
I'm thinking of recording it, making a CD, and all those that don't have it can just play it in their FJammer and pretend they have more traction???? :^)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Self destruct mode, clear the area. lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
yeah... the first time i used it i thought i was doomed!!! i was in almost to the hubs and thought ..hey, ill ty that a-trac thing ...bingo!! the thing sounded like it was grinding coffee , and then it hooked right up . it got me out of a tough spot .. (thankfully) its long walk home frome guardsman pass

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
First time I used it my wife said what's happening ??? She thought the FJ was self destructing!

Personally, I love the sound! It means I'm in my element!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The owners manual actually states that when using A-Trac you will hear god awful noises coming from under the hood. So in short, Yup that's normal

·
Admin
7,193 Posts
The owners manual actually states that when using A-Trac you will hear god awful noises coming from under the hood. So in short, Yup that's normal
Not bad.... over 12 yr thread revival..... not quite the record, but close.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Not a bad thing. It is interesting more new owners cycling thru that the subject is not brought up more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts