• 2/14/09 (Saturday)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it's time to return to the area and assess the situation. Ideally we can gather enough people to put up the barriers on the hill climb. We'll be meeting at the Target Store on Bear Valley Road in Apple Vally at 8:30am. If you already know the trailhead, we can meet each other there at 9:30am.

Available GPX files (courtesy of Hardluck).

Volunteers
  1. Fjamming
  2. FJ Funjunkie
  3. Mattmainster
  4. FJCruiser4
  5. Bigdouggiedoug
  6. GTKrockeTT
  7. FJessence
  8. h535
  9. FJChema
  10. Mikescruiser
  11. fjessence
  12. busta3396
  13. Camally

Needed tools:
  • Post hole digger?
  • Sledge hammer
  • Pick saw (for post)
  • Shovel
  • Axe
  • Drills (for post)
  • Drill bit for carriage bolt
  • Screws
  • Plumber's Tape (galvanized).
  • etc.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Re: AAT: 3N59A Trail Work in February?

I'd be down as long as I got no wife's agenda pressing, lol
Also it would be cool to get ahold of some rebar cut into like 2 foot chunks and bash it into the ground with sledge hammers to hold the barrier logs up on the hill, and if someone tried to remove the logs they couldnt remove the spikes, good idea? i dunno.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'd be down as long as I got no wife's agenda pressing, lol
Also it would be cool to get ahold of some rebar cut into like 2 foot chunks and bash it into the ground with sledge hammers to hold the barrier logs up on the hill, and if someone tried to remove the logs they couldnt remove the spikes, good idea? i dunno.
Mike, Cruiser has a design involving 6ft tall and 6 inch round stakes (similar to equestrian barriers) that I think will work well. I'll post up pics of it tonight. It's at the home HD. We need something permanant up there.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Mike, Cruiser has a design involving 6ft tall and 6 inch round stakes (similar to equestrian barriers) that I think will work well. I'll post up pics of it tonight. It's at the home HD. We need something permanant up there.
Tony,
Did you have a certain date in mind? I'm ready to work and sounds like there is enough notice where I can get it on the calendar. For what it's worth Sundays work good for me. I can also start gathering some posts if that is the layout you want to go with.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I was thinking maybe the 1st or 2nd Saturday of February (7th or 14th). It will depend on the feedback I get from the SoCal AAT crew. The date can be moved around as we're still in the planning stages. Please post up your desired times.

From Piper's last report it seems that people are going around some of the barriers. I really want to see what else we can do. Apparently the branches and logs aren't enough of an deterrant.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

I'm in for the first week. Tony, I have alot of brick at my house looking to get rid of. Do you think we might needed for anything?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

Sounds like plan. I would like to be there again. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Dougie, you're able to make a Saturday event?!!!

Biff, thank for the offer of bricks, but I don't think we'll need it. FJCruiser4 will bring some materials and think he's got it figured out exactly what's needed. He did the design. :) I hope he speaks up if he needs help bringing the materials down.

I've added a poll at the top so if you would take a moment and pick a date, that would help. :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

the 14th is Valentines Day. No good for me. Have to vote for the 7th.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts

i will be there! :cheers:

·
Registered
211 Posts

7th works for us too.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

2/7 is looking like the day for the event. Let's give it another 24 hours. I'll bring the AAT T-shirts and stickers. I hope I have enough :).

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts

Fjamming, whats the plan, are we doing the same as last time?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

What we need to do this time:

• Assess the trail
  • Put up barrier at Luna Mountain
  • Fix barriers that were displaced.
  • Pick up trash
  • Take accurate measurements of the sign at trailhead.
  • Make use of the kiosk (2)
We'll need to divide up the group this time. There are 2 kiosks that we can use and I would like to have some materials ready before heading out. I think maybe trail maps, fire warnings, off road etiquette, history of the route are good items to add to the kiosk.

·
Registered
742 Posts

if its before the 12th ill be down...i get deployed on feb 12th so let me know tony

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

if its before the 12th ill be down...i get deployed on feb 12th so let me know tony
Keep tracking the thread. So far it looks like it's going to be the 7th, but then only 10 people have voted. Would love to have you come on out too!

1 - 20 of 178 Posts