Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Awesome that you found it! Nothing worse than you can't find the actual fault and everthing is installed logically correct. You start to doubt the test equipment and your skills and then the equipment. Thanks for the brain exercise!
Steve

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
...P.S. At least in my FJ, the "dimmer circuit" is actually at full 12V when the dash lights are off, and at 0V when they are fully illuminated. It's intended to be connected to the "ground" of light circuits, and for their power to be "always hot" and come from wherever...
I'm resurrecting an old post to say "Thanks! That's the exact information I needed to know why things are not working the way I expected!"

I bought a few buttons from CH4x4 (like this one bumper light switch) and they work and look good. Well, they look great and they turn off and on the relays but they puzzled me. When I'd dim the lights, they got brighter and when I'd turn the lights up, they'd get darker. I've taken the dash apart a few times to check my wiring which is right according to the diagram on the back of the button packaging. Tonight I was going to tear into more things to see if I could figure out how to make them work like all the other dash lights.
THIS is the EXACT bit of information I needed to figure this out. Thanks for posting! Tonight I'll either get it working correctly or I'll melt something by accident.

Reactions: 101Firedog
21 - 22 of 22 Posts