Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. I am in the market for a "New To Me" FJ. I've owned several Toyotas in my time, but never anything as unique as the FJ. I am 62 and have run trails for some 40 years. Please bare with me regarding the accurate placement of my posts. My current intention is to educate myself as much as possible so I can make an informed purchase. I plan to purchase around May. I would thank any and all of you for shedding some light on things to look for.
Thank you !
Trailrunr

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,010 Posts
Welcome Trailrunr! Your knowledge of both Toyota’s and running trails will serve you well 😁 As for this addictive thing we call FJ, make sure you get to check the underside for rust, and verify regular maintenece. A well-maintained rust-free FJ that’s also high mileage is probably still a really good bet. We love to help sifting through possibilities so please do post up what you’re considering!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi Trailrunr, welcome from Ohio!
Good luck on your search. If you haven't run across it Jimmy Buffett's Buying and Selling Guide is a good place to start
Other than than I'd look at the various option packages offered so you can decide which you want and better price an FJ on offer.

·
Premium Member
16,493 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Banned
890 Posts
Welcome! It's funny, I think of everyone here as 19 year olds just like me.

then i remember that 19 was quite a number of decades ago....

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 3" lift, american racing rims, homemade t-case shift handle
254 Posts
Welcome aboard! Wealth of knowledge here so dive in

·
Registered
11 Posts
  1. Welcome from northern Michigan. I'm 65 and just joined the FJ family 2 months ago. Absolutely no regrets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts