Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I was driving and the ABS light came on, I slowed down to a stoplight and when it turned green the ABS light went off as I let go of the brake. I didn’t think anything of it. I was on my way to work the other day and the CEL started flashing and the steering wheel kind of started shaking. I pulled over and read the codes and nothing popped up. I started it back up, nothing seemed wrong, I slowly drove to work. On the way home, it didn’t act like it wanted to go over 40 and kind of made a humming/buzzing noise if I tried to go too fast. I dropped it off at a transmissions shop and they replaced the brake light switch for a code they found and said it seemed to be doing better. I got the FJ back and it does seem to be doing better, but it seems like it’s not driving to its full potential. I feel like I’m afraid to press on the gas too much. I can’t explain it. I feel like it’s not driving as smoothly as it should. The CEL came back on with the codes C1201(Engine Control System), C1223(ABS Control System Malfunction), C1246(Master Cylinder Pressure System). I’m no mechanic and I hate when problems like these occur because I feel like I can’t trust anybody to work on it either. I’m hoping to find some help on here as to what the problem may be. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts