Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today when stopping on slush covered roads that my abs came on even though I turned the vcs off. Is this normal? I thought ALL vehicle stabability control systems, including the abs system, were supposed to be off.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I noticed today when stopping on slush covered roads that my abs came on even though I turned the vcs off. Is this normal? I thought ALL vehicle stabability control systems, including the abs system, were supposed to be off.
It depends on what year you have and/or what hack you have performed in order to be able to do this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 07 with a manual. I've had it since new and have driven it every winter in new york and when I have the transfer case in the position where it turns the vsc off, the abs never came on until today. I sort of remember reading in the owners manual that the abs system shuts off when the vsc is off.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
It's a 07 with a manual. I've had it since new and have driven it every winter in new york and when I have the transfer case in the position where it turns the vsc off, the abs never came on until today. I sort of remember reading in the owners manual that the abs system shuts off when the vsc is off.
You will need to do the hack to disable it. You can get the same result by unpluging the harness at the master cylinder. Here is what I did but go to post #148 or you can read all 30 pages if you would like.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...n-aids/8018-install-vsc-cancel-switch-15.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts