Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum search function inconclusive ...

I doubt the published width of 75" for the 2010 model year includes the mirrors.

I'm tryin' to see if it will make it thru my single garage door.

Thanks

:wave:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have no problem entering/exiting my single garage door. (Standard 9' wide door.)
Check your verticale clearance if you have a roof rack or have lifted your FJC. More than one person has taken out the garage door with the roof rack.:mecry:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol::lol:

Haha ... my standard single door is exactly 7'10" wide.

Will yours make that?

Height is no problem.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
368 Posts
If done gently, the jambs of the garage door will fold the mirrors in and then back out in the reverse.

Take a piece of string, find a friend or a piece of tape and roll down the windows. Run the string through the front windows and hold the string on the outer most part of the mirrors. Cut to that length and then take the string to the garage. Hold the string horizontally across the garage door opening. If the string is to long, then your answer is NO!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I would bet the 75" is with the mirrors folded in (with stock fender flares).

From mirror to mirror, mine is 79.25" wide or 6'7 1/4" wide.

You should have no problem with a 7'10" door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If done gently, the jambs of the garage door will fold the mirrors in and then back out in the reverse.

Take a piece of string, find a friend or a piece of tape and roll down the windows. Run the string through the front windows and hold the string on the outer most part of the mirrors. Cut to that length and then take the string to the garage. Hold the string horizontally across the garage door opening. If the string is to long, then your answer is NO!
i like this answer.

just sayin'...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Is your single garage much wider inside than the door? You might wanna check the width of the FJ with the door open so that you can get out once you've squeezed the FJ between the garage door jambs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I researched this for a while and could not find the answer before buying my FJ so I thought I would post a few measurements that would be useful.

2014 FJ Cruiser
FJ width including the mirrors is 80" mirror to mirror

FJ Height including the Rack is 78" to the top of the rack at its highest point

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,990 Posts
If you look at the brochure drawing the 75" does not include the mirrors at all, folded or out.
It wouldn't be too hard to measure the width of the mirrors in both positions and add to the 75" for a good estimate and then measure your door width leaving a bit for error.

I don't have a garage but we have plenty of streets with 6'6" width restrictions which have solid steel posts or H steels to enforce...I don't fancy my chances with just 3" to play with if the mirrors clear over the top so have to pick my routes through towns!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Mine fits inside my single garage door but not by much, I have about 3 inches on each side with my mirrors out. After a lift I also only clear the top by less than an inch, so no roof rack for me until I move to someplace with a bigger garage.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Forum search function inconclusive ...

I doubt the published width of 75" for the 2010 model year includes the mirrors.

I'm tryin' to see if it will make it thru my single garage door.

Thanks

:wave:
Don't the FJ mirrors collapse in toward the doors a bit?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts