Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to sanitize my AC Evaporator core using the ServiceRite cleaner. This requires you to attach the cleaner hose to the drip line. Other forum threads say that the evaporator drip line is located in the front passenger wheel well. Attached is a pic of that location. Can anyone point the drip line out to me??? 2013 FJ Cruiser

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good find i_m_2_sane. That did it. The drip line was behind the front passenger side rubber floor covering.

For anyone else trying to clean the AC Evaporator core and refresh the air ducts - here are the steps.

1. Purchase the cleaner kit - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3B5JTZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Purchase a new cabin air filter - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TZ3XBO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Remove the glove box as if you were replacing the cabin air filter -

4. Find the Evaporator Core drain tube - Gently pull down the rubber floor covering top - https://youtu.be/GgeB9HmZ4YM

5. Pull the tube out of the firewall and place a drip pan under it

6. Follow these instructions for cleaning the Evaporator core and disinfecting the air vents -

7. Replace the cabin air filter

Worked for me! Good Luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good find i_m_2_sane. That did it. The drip line was behind the front passenger side rubber floor covering.

For anyone else trying to clean the AC Evaporator core and refresh the air ducts - here are the steps.

1. Purchase the cleaner kit - Amazon.com: GENUINE TOYOTA APPROVED S.E.T. SERVICERITE AC EVAPORATOR REFRESH KIT 00053-00008: Automotive

2. Purchase a new cabin air filter - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TZ3XBO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Remove the glove box as if you were replacing the cabin air filter -

4. Find the Evaporator Core drain tube - Gently pull down the rubber floor covering top -

5. Pull the tube out of the firewall and place a drip pan under it

6. Follow these instructions for cleaning the Evaporator core and disinfecting the air vents -

7. Replace the cabin air filter

Worked for me! Good Luck.
Did the wifes 03' Honda Pilot (has two AC evaporators) with the same cleaning kit from amazon. You'll get the same Servicerite cleaner but, the cans are green now and have a different drain hose connector than shown in the amazon product pic. I had to use some electrical tape on the connector to make it fit snug into the AC drain. Just follow the instructions on the can.

The Servicerite car AC odor treatment can smells bad kinda like baby powder so, you might not want to use that. Spray some and smell it first to see what I'm talking about. I didn't us the Servicerite odor treatment and got Meguiar's Whole Car Air Re-Fresher Odor Eliminator – Fiji Sunset Scent – G201502, 2 oz | Meguiar's new car scent(and smells just like new car) and followed the instructions with the cabin filter removed then put back in after it was all done.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Ah yes, Hoppe's #9 nitro powder solvent ... have absolutely loved that scent since I was very young.

Smelling it today instantly take me back to when I was 8 or 9 years old, and had spent the day shooting a Colt Woodsman Match Target .22 with my dad. That gun was phenomenally accurate, as long as I aligned the sights, I could hit anything at any distance. After every shooting session we meticulously field-stripped, cleaned and lubed every gun (way before the days of stainless) such that it could be stored corrosion-free for years if need be. I was taught that it was the apex of irresponsibility to ever find one of your guns with your rusty fingerprint on it; it would be a reminder for the rest of your life of your laziness and stupidity.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Read when originally posted. Completely forgot it. Bookmarked this time :)

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts