Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 auto FJ cruiser with a urd supercharger stage 3 with a c38-91 rotrex and a ucon ems , 70mm pulley, 7th injector kit , all 7 injectors are 800cc . Since the install I have an acceleration hesitation from 1500 - 2500 rpm and the boost is delayed after 2500 boost kicks in fine and I have a pressure build up in the gas tank as I hear the gas tank vent the pressure constantly . What might be the issues . So far I have changed the maf sensor , coils, spark plug, injectors, air filter , vacuum pipes and 2 vacuum valve switch, fuel pump and fuel filter , fuel vapor feed, vacuum surge, only thing I didn't change is the canister, but the fuel filter in the canister was changed. I don't know what is left . Can anyone help please . Thanks

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
When you say that "boost is delayed", are you looking at a manifold pressure gage so you actually are seeing true boost pressure, or are you saying that there is a flat spot in acceleration that you are feeling in the seat of your pants?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there is a flat spot when I fully accelerate from a dead stop or from a very low rpm . I have a gauge boost and yes the supercharger is making 10 psi of boost at 6200 rpm cut off. But the flat spot is between about 1500 to 2500 rpm range then the boost kicks in as usual. I don't know what is causing that I have changed everything but the problem is still there. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to Gadget before and he has talked to Scott and transferred the issue to Scott to try and tune the car and see what's the issue through tuning. Scott tuned the vehicle a few times and tried to figure out what's the problem and gave me pointers on what might be the issue and I have checked and changed everything he suggested but still the flat spot is on the vehicle it didn't go away .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
problem solves it was a engine wiring issue in the engine bay . I changed the whole engine harness and the car returned to normal . It seems when I have a workshop changed the my knock sensor they damaged a wire so I swapped out the whole engine harness just to be sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts