Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

Edmunds.com mentions that the 2011 has "better access to the rear seat".

Has anyone had the chance to compare the 2011 vs previous model FJs?
How is it better?
Does the front seat slide considerably more than previous years?
Is it a noticeable difference?

Thanks, :)
PJ

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had no idea. I plan to stop by the Toyota dealership pretty soon to get a few things done. I will check out the 2011 Fj when i am there.

D

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
If they changed the front seats so that they moved forward further and folded down more that would have helped a lot.

·
Registered
334 Posts
While I have not seen it in person, my understanding from a 2011 buyer who looked at both is that the 2011 simply folds a "few degrees" more forward than the 2010. He did not say whether the seat slides forward any further although I doubt it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I own a 2011. I, too, was wondering about the front passenger seat change (per Toyota press release). I had hoped that the passenger seat would slide forward when you released the backrest like some two door coupes.

Answer: no--the change is simply that the front passenger seat backrest simply folds forward a few degrees more than in prior-year FJs. The number of additional degrees the seat folds is not very noticeable.

I cannot address whether the seat base moves forward more than prior years for I didn't look into that...

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not related to the front seats but... With the new backseat headrests, is it still necessary to remove them when you fold the backseat?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not related to the front seats but... With the new backseat headrests, is it still necessary to remove them when you fold the backseat?
I have a 2010, and as long as I start with the front seats in any position on the slides other than all the way back (with the seatback angled only slightly or not at all), then I don't have to remove the headrests to fold down the seats. They rub a little bit as you push it in, but once they are down, you can still slide the seat all the way back to the rearmost position and nothing looks stressed.

I was under the opinion that nothing had changed pre-2011 in the seats so other years should be the same as my 2010. Just my 2 cents, since I hate removing the headrests and having to stow them somewhere.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the headrests were different for improved visibility in the back. Not sure if it's a 2011 feature or not. In my 2007, the headrests have to be removed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at the 2011 FJ here at the dealer in Dubai, and from what i see there are handle bars on the back of the driver and passenger seat so when you open the door you can pull yourself in from that....i guess...if i get a change to get a photo i'll post it up.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I looked at the 2011 FJ here at the dealer in Dubai, and from what i see there are handle bars on the back of the driver and passenger seat so when you open the door you can pull yourself in from that....i guess...if i get a change to get a photo i'll post it up.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe this is an option in the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts