Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how much more HP the Cat back exhaust System adds to the listed 239? if any.

and

A "throaty growl?" that could be good or bad, anything this could be compared to get an idea of what "throaty growl" actually sounds like?

·
Registered
92 Posts
You won't see much HP increase from it...I think everyone on here was figuring 5-10 at best and at $500+ bucks I don't think it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Somewhere around 8 based off what I saw of other TRD exhaust systems on the TRD site. I'm not buying a muffler for $500. That's kinda dumb.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
If $500 inlcuded the headers and a free-flow cat, it would be a different situation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it was an eight cylinder, it would be a different story. I wouldn't pay for the factory option personally. Waste of money.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:
If $500 inlcuded the headers and a free-flow cat, it would be a different situation.

And if baby kittens grew on trees baby sister would have a million. It will cost you that much just for labor.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Negative ghost rider, I have wrenches...

And soon... a manual.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:
Negative ghost rider, I have wrenches...

And soon... a manual.
and after you do yours I stop by with a 6 pack and parts and a hold lot of encouragement!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
They love to over charge for labor. I called about an engine swap and was told 6 weeks and 3500.... I did it myself in a week for about nothing - $300 including the entire parts truck the engine came from!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts