Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved the family back from FL to IL (TL;DR, family reasons) and sold several motortoys including my 2017 base JKU Sport 6spd which had left me without a vehicle for a few months though not a big deal since I WFH and have a kid car to use when I need to. That said, ordered a new Bronco in July '21 but kept all searches running for interesting vehicles and in Nov '21 a 2007 Voodoo Blue with 6spd Base (150k mi) popped up at a local dealer. I went to see it the next morning where it sat, very dirty and dust-covered, at the back of their lot as it was old+MT and thus not interesting to many it seemed though perfect for me. I took it off their hands, cleaned it up, and it is now going to be my primary until I find a Summer car, but it's a keeper.

FWIW I did not cancel the Bronco order (was built on 12/21, still not shipped) but will not be taking delivery. I have driven both the 2dr and 4dr Broncos, and based on my test drives plus the myriad of issues other MY21 owners have reported and the fit/finish issues I have been able to see in person now it's a hard pass, but YMMV.

Anyway, happy to be here and looking to learn to prepare to mod.
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
44,657 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: jeffhenderson

·
Premium Member
2008 Sandstorm Automatic Upgrade Package II
1,128 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I would add to what jcl78I said "love the OEM white roof on most colors, but the blue pops with the black roof. Now you just need black mirrors." I would add changing the door handles as well! Great looking ride.

·
Premium Member
17,201 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, BC. Great looking FJ (but then, aren't they all? ;) ). Any off the pavement exploring in your future?
Enjoy your FJ, wherever the journey may take you. Al

·
Registered
2011 Army Green 4x4
147 Posts
Welcome from Northern California! I am sure there are a "few" guys lurking here that would have given their eye teeth to have gotten the opportunity to buy that FJ of yours. Congratulations and have fun!!

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,685 Posts
Hi jeffhenderson, welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome from Northern California! I am sure there are a "few" guys lurking here that would have given their eye teeth to have gotten the opportunity to buy that FJ of yours. Congratulations and have fun!!
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when the search unearthed it practically in my backyard, and then when I went to see it and it was clearly forgotten on the lot (a launch model, in launch color, MT!) it was an immediate buy. Very happy to finally own one.

·
Registered
2014 GSJ15L-GKASKA
267 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts