Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking...rear passengers don't get much air if any. Has anyone added fans? I was thinking of makings slits up on the tan panel right next the passengers head, and bolting up a 12-v fan behind there (both sides) then running it to a switch fused at 1a, so when passengers are back there just flick the switch to give them some air...any ideas? I think its very odd that put effort into adding a rear passenger area but didn't bother with simple vents for flow....

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Just direct the center A/C vents to the rear of the FJ, it's a lot easier and a lot cheaper!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about rear vents. Not sure how well 12v fans would be. It'd probably be just like pushing warm air most of the time. I usually aim one of the center vents to the back. Haven't had a complaint yet.

On the other side of things, my '05 GTO had vents in the back that worked really well...think I EVER had anyone back there? No...

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
mine always complain its freezing back here, I tell them you should be up here.. I never have that trouble so far. but I am a max air man, :bandit:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
mine always complain its freezing back here, I tell them you should be up here.. I never have that trouble so far. but I am a max air man, :bandit:
Same here - it was 95 degrees yesterday... FJ out all day... got in with the kids in the back (girls) and within 5 minutes "Daddy, we're cold"... I'm thinking: "Really!?! WTF?" Saying: "Okay guys... I'll turn it down"... aimed the vents at me... on max. ;)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
X2, I always direct the vents upwards and within a few minutes it becomes
a ice box in the back :lol:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I guess adding a low-draw fan (or even battery powered) in the rear would be good if you slept in the FJ on trips. Could make it more comfy on warm nights.
Good idea. Have to check into that.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
what your looking for is a 12V "squirrel cage" fan, or "crossflow fans".

google to the rescue:
12v squirrel cage fan - Google Search

12v cross flow fan - Google Search

you then put them under the seats or anyplace for a little extra "breeze".
yes some of them have built in thermistors (ie they go faster as it gets hotter).

here is a decent one:
AC/DC Fans, Tangential Fans, Squirrel Cage Fans

262mm (10.3in) to 507mm (19.9in) lengths. AC shaded type motor, temperature resistant aluminum alloy, ball or sleeve bearings. 102 to 187 CFM. CE, UL listed.
that should move some air!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.