Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Adjusting caster

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lee44 
#1 ·
I have 35s with a 3 inch Dobinsons lift and Spc control arms. I have done a pretty aggressive BMC and also hammered the pinch weld and cut off a good bit of the fender liner. Right now the alignment is in spec but I want to move my caster forward to eliminate as much rubbing as possible when I take it off road. The question I have is should I have the shop max out the lower control arms for caster or use all the caster in my SPC upper control arms first then adjust the bottom? Right now I just have the SPC ones set to the setting that’s meant to return them to normal and the lowers in alignment with no additional caster.

#2 ·
It's my understanding that to get the most benefit of the SPC arms you're alignment guy will need to use the lower control arm adjustments as well, moving the wheels forward and then using the tops to get back in spec. I used SPC arms as well with OME springs shocks and struts and even with limited forward movement at the bottom the 285/70's clear without the body mount chop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.