Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Picture of the adjuster;

Phillip screwdriver #2, at least 8" long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
a super-easy way.
GET A LONG, SKINNY, PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER...THERE IS A SMALL CAM DOWN A LONG TUNNEL THAT IS NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE BACK OF THE HEADLIGHTS...YOU'LL NEED A FLASHLIGHT...STICK THE SCREWDRIVER DOWN THE HOLE, THEN TUNNEL, THEN TURN THE CAM TO ADJUST LIGHTS...IT'S SO EASY, IT'S ALMOST STUPID.
EMAIL ME IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.
ROB-

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
a super-easy way.
GET A LONG, SKINNY, PHILIPS SCREWDRIVER...THERE IS A SMALL CAM DOWN A LONG TUNNEL THAT IS NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE BACK OF THE HEADLIGHTS...YOU'LL NEED A FLASHLIGHT...STICK THE SCREWDRIVER DOWN THE HOLE, THEN TUNNEL, THEN TURN THE CAM TO ADJUST LIGHTS...IT'S SO EASY, IT'S ALMOST STUPID.
EMAIL ME IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.
ROB-
uh...you didn't really look at this thread before you posted, did you? :lol:

·
Registered
497 Posts
i always got flashed before...but today just installed some 4300k HIDs...guess ill break down and adjust them tonight.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just added some 8500k bulbs, I already know I need to adjust them. I stood out in front of the vehicle, with lights on, to look at them and I was blinded. This was during the day..
Glad I was able to find this thread.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, it's been awhile since I was on this forum, had another little thing called Iraq Deployment to deal with. So, back, and now in Germany, the friggn inspection meister was bustn my [email protected]#$'s bout my lights, failed me...jerk. Anyways, one of the so called infractions was headlight were to high...whatever, anyways, finding this thread saved me. Thanks dudes
:rocker:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Doing this tonight

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,849 Posts
A while back i got my leveling kit but my front end must've been high cuz i got brighted A LOT, so i took it back to the shop and they adjusted it so the ride was level again. :simmadown: But i dont know what they were thinking before because before i got it adjusted my brights were up in the tops of trees :lol:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I was reading this, jumped up and went out in the garage and adjusted them in about 3 min. Thanks to all for the input. Awesome FOURM

·
Registered
274 Posts
STOP!!! Toyota would not require you to remove the grill assembly to adjust the elevation of your headlights. Maybe Lexxus but not TOYO. This is an SUV after all. I Installed My Rough Country Lift Last Week. There is a headlight adjustment channel on the top of the cover. It is a hole and you can actually see the bolt. All You Need Is A Long Flat Head Screwdriver. The bolt sits on a cam just like the one on a hose clamp. Turn it clockwise To Go Down, Counterclockwise To Go Up. Email Me If You Need Some Picks. This Is Only For The Elevation Alignment. I Am Afraid That If Yo Need To Adjust The Aim, you are screwed and would have to follow White Rim's direction. Believe Me, You Do Not Need To Take Off the Grill. You can actually see the channel on White Rim's diagram (top of "A" bolt). They would not put the channel unless you could use the channel. Remember, your baby was built in Japan not Detroit.......
Worked perfectly except for mine it was counterclockwise to go down.... Thx for sharing!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
i guess that i just need to know if yours will move left to right,,,and if they do, then mine are stripped or broken, could someone please check...
thanks...

181 - 200 of 209 Posts