Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I spotted a big, pregnant spider on my windshield, and when I tried to move it off the car it disappeared into the middle grill underneath the windshield.
Now I am afraid if it will come through the air vent inside my car while I am driving.

Is this possible, or does the FJ Cruiser (mine is 2009) have a cabin air filter to prevent critters from coming into the car.

Any remedies? Can I somehow vacuum it out? HELP!

Any advice or help would be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Air compressor + 100psi = no more spider or brake clean that probably isn't too healthy for spiders either

Whatever you do Don't do this 😂

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Welcome to the show. (insert cheers emoji here)

Next time, don't try to move it. Kill it (with a brick if required) that would add some fun to the
"I need a new windshield thread".

Fun fact: You are never more then six feet from a spider.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Spiders can't read...
walk around the FJ mentioning its really a jeep, spider will either:
1). leave, or
2). die of embarrassment

D :)

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,918 Posts
Didn’t realize what I was missing! Fun thread 😁
So how did you know spidey was pregnant? Maybe was just fat? And on spider pregnancy, it’ll take some time for little ones to be crawling out of the egg sack mom makes (and then dies) so you have an opportunity to pull out the cabin air filter for a look. Wear gloves. If you can leave the FJ parked for a while you could also do as suggested above and spray some bug killer into the hood vents and let it sit a few days. GL!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
How to tell if a spider is pregnant:

weight gain
loss of sense of humour
cravings for mint cricket ice cream

1 - 16 of 16 Posts