Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an ARB front bumper and ARB roof rack. Prior to installing them I would mount my Hi-Lift to my stock roof rack using the Fourtreks setup.

Now that I have my ARB front bumper I was debating whether I should mount the Hi-Lift to my roof rack again or mount it to my front bumper.

Anyone have advice on the advantages/disadvantages of mounting the jack on the bumper vs. the roof rack

Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
put it on the bumper...if you put it on the rack it is trouble lifting up and down and if its full of sand and mud it just runs down the side of your truck...i put mine on the front bumper of the defender i use to own...easier on a fat man to remove and set up:)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
put it on the bumper...if you put it on the rack it is trouble lifting up and down and if its full of sand and mud it just runs down the side of your truck...i put mine on the front bumper of the defender i use to own...easier on a fat man to remove and set up:)
Thanks. That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm getting to old to deadlift the jack over my head...or too lazy :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts