Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!! I was hoping you could give me some advice. It has been a little while since I have been on here but think this is the correct spot for this. A little background on my FJ. It is a 2011 with 106K miles on it which I bought brand new. I have been pretty good with the maintenance of the vehicle but did miss the big 100K maintenance guidance. Anyway, about a month ago the check engine light came on along with a bunch of other lights and the gears got bogged down and wouldn't up shift. I pulled over and turned the vehicle off for about ten minutes and was going to have it towed but after I turned it back on and all the lights were off and it was driving fine. Flash forward to today. I have a work car so don't drive my FJ very often and was letting my buddy drive it. Yesterday he said it wouldn't up shift and the check engine light came on. He took it to the dealership and was told the following by the service tech "vehicle needs a transmission due to engine code p2757 torque clutch converter,pressure tube assembly,oil reservoir hose ,oil tube assembly,oil cooler tube,the inlet and outlet,elbow and o ring.power steering lines are split and leaking.transmission lines are split and leaking". I did some research on here and it seemed sometimes the dealers were quick to try and swap out the whole transmission but it could be another fix. I wanted to get some advice from you all before I do anything. The dealer also wanted to do a bunch of other stuff to her and quoted me a price or $7880K plus tax!!!!!

This is the whole email sent "vehicle needs a transmission due to engine code p2757 torque clutch converter,pressure tube assembly,oil reservoir hose ,oil tube assembly,oil cooler tube,the inlet and outlet,elbow and o ring.power steering lines are split and leaking.transmission lines are split and leaking.there are some regular maintenance issues to be addressed as well.spark plugs due to miles .new engine air filter very dirty power steering service due to age and miles.all together with doing maintenance as well as lines and new toyota reman trans $7880 plus tax.that includes all parts and labor with toyota warranty on parts and labor."

On top of all this I had just taken my FJ to this same dealership about 3 months ago while I was in that area and they didn't find or mention any of this while I was there. Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any advice and help.

Dominic

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all!! I was hoping you could give me some advice. It has been a little while since I have been on here but think this is the correct spot for this. A little background on my FJ. It is a 2011 with 106K miles on it which I bought brand new. I have been pretty good with the maintenance of the vehicle but did miss the big 100K maintenance guidance. Anyway, about a month ago the check engine light came on along with a bunch of other lights and the gears got bogged down and wouldn't up shift. I pulled over and turned the vehicle off for about ten minutes and was going to have it towed but after I turned it back on and all the lights were off and it was driving fine. Flash forward to today. I have a work car so don't drive my FJ very often and was letting my buddy drive it. Yesterday he said it wouldn't up shift and the check engine light came on. He took it to the dealership and was told the following by the service tech "vehicle needs a transmission due to engine code p2757 torque clutch converter,pressure tube assembly,oil reservoir hose ,oil tube assembly,oil cooler tube,the inlet and outlet,elbow and o ring.power steering lines are split and leaking.transmission lines are split and leaking". I did some research on here and it seemed sometimes the dealers were quick to try and swap out the whole transmission but it could be another fix. I wanted to get some advice from you all before I do anything. The dealer also wanted to do a bunch of other stuff to her and quoted me a price or $7880K plus tax!!!!!

This is the whole email sent "vehicle needs a transmission due to engine code p2757 torque clutch converter,pressure tube assembly,oil reservoir hose ,oil tube assembly,oil cooler tube,the inlet and outlet,elbow and o ring.power steering lines are split and leaking.transmission lines are split and leaking.there are some regular maintenance issues to be addressed as well.spark plugs due to miles .new engine air filter very dirty power steering service due to age and miles.all together with doing maintenance as well as lines and new toyota reman trans $7880 plus tax.that includes all parts and labor with toyota warranty on parts and labor."

On top of all this I had just taken my FJ to this same dealership about 3 months ago while I was in that area and they didn't find or mention any of this while I was there. Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any advice and help.

Dominic
Yikes, Maybe the thorough check was prompted by all the dash lights? Either that or they were rubbing their mits at it and going all out on the quote.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts