Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished an install of one of these bad boys:

Interceptor OBD2 data stream gauge and scan tool by Aeroforce Technology
Very cool little tool, gives you tons of data - simple install, fits right where the tip bubble used to be. I'll post full install pictures later today.

UPDATED BRIEF INSTALL DIRECTIONS: (PM me if you have any questions)
*** MY DISCLAIMER: These are by no means a full list of instructions - make sure you read the instructions that come with your interceptor.

Pop instrument cover off – I used a very small screw driver.

Remove assembly (metric) – there is a single plug on the bottom, unplug that.

Once you have the assembly off the dash – pop the black face cover off.

You’ll see three screws in the front of the white plastic mount – remove these.

Pull the gauge assembly out – flip over and remove the three screws that hold the tip bubble in place.

Remove tip bubble.

Slide Interceptor into bubble whole – I did this just to get an idea of where the plug whole would need to be. This is also a good point in the project to test the gauge.

Cut a whole big enough for the cable end to go through in the back of the assembly where the bubble used to be. If you have small fingers you don't need to do this step.

Run the cable through the dash – I used a coat hanger and some duct tape.

Reassemble gauge assembly.

Plug into OBD2 port – located under dash.

Start your engine – it takes a minute for the gauge to turn on – once it’s on you’ll go directly to set-up mode – simple select what you want displayed and you’re ready to roll.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I like the fact that it installs in the gauge pod!

I was wondering how they got those pressure readings (they sell the sensors, as well). I'm curious how much those sensors are, or if they soak you on the sensor prices.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the fact that it installs in the gauge pod!

I was wondering how they got those pressure readings (they sell the sensors, as well). I'm curious how much those sensors are, or if they soak you on the sensor prices.
Good question - I'm not sure what they're priced like. The stock scanner get a ton of info from the OBD2 port. Makes it a little difficult to keep your eyes on the road...

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
None of the specs show that it works with any toyota vehicles. But it works for you?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted sales from the web site and they said they were rolling one out for toyota - and offered to send me one to test. They made a few programming changes and sent one out right away. I haven't seen any problem with it, seems to work just fine. 40% of the data it display is stuff I don't understand. But, it sure is cool.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
WOW! You are a lucky duck. So you didn't have to pay fr it? Or they gave you a good deal? I like it I like the dual set up too. I just don't know why I need another couple of guages, butI am trying to justify it to myself. Birthday is get close I guess I should buy myself a present. Did the company say when they would start making them for toyotas?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still have to pay for it - they just wanted a test vehicle. They'll make one for you too. They quoted me a retail price of $159. Maybe we could organize a group buy? They seem like a great company to work with. Plus the product looks so much better than the alternative scan gauge.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: 2008 Tundra mounting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stustundra wrote:
When the gauge is ready for the Tundra I have the perfect mounting position for it on the dash. It will be where the coin holder is. Thanks
Stu

Just sent out one to a Camry owner and another to a FJ Cruiser owner. I'll let you know how they worked out as soon as I hear back.

Todd

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
bump for group buy.

·
Registered
923 Posts
+1 for group buy

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
Paduka,
Any news on when they will release this? How's it working?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Bump for group buy too

·
Registered
350 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.