Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

It's here!

Brought to you by Ellis Precision, we have an opportunity to purchase aFe CAI's in volume with substantial discounts.

Prices as follows:

51-81162 -aFe ProDry S intake

54-81162 -aFe Standard intake

75-81162 -aFe ProGuard 7 intake

Please visit aFe - '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser, '05-'07 Tacoma, '03-'07 4Runner V6-4.0L

These have three different filter media types, which are explained best at their site.

These prices do not include shipping, so account for shipping from the Seattle area to you when you decide whether to sign up. Shipping costs will be actual costs, I'm not making any money on this deal, other than savings on my intake, so I really can't afford to be paying anyone's shipping. I may be able to provide a weight for you to calculate the shipping method of your choice, but not at this time.

Post up! Serious buyers please post an official "I'm in!" We need 20+ to get these prices.

I'm in!

Current List:

:roller:1. FJoel (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit, and spare Standard and cleaning kit)
:roller:2. BayouCruiser (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:3. BLK PUG (Standard kit spare standard and cleaning kit)
:roller:4. leo67 (ProDryS kit)
:roller:5. benj118 (Standard kit)
:roller:6. colink1 (ProDryS kit)
:roller:7. FJVP (ProDryS kit)
:roller: 8. Taz (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:9. jcbuch (ProGuard7 kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:10. sandbox (Standard Kit with spare standard and cleaning kit)
:roller:11. Roland (ProDryS kit)
:roller:12. dbbd1 (ProDryS kit with spare standard and cleaning kit)
:roller:13. Strike (ProDryS kit)
:roller:14. ruebarb (ProDryS kit with spare ProDryS filter)
:roller:15. Shawn's FJ (ProDryS with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:16. Jester (Standard kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:17. fjlarry (ProDryS with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:18. benzh (Standard kit with spare standard and cleaning kit)
:roller:19. t5gt (ProDryS kit)
:roller:20. ropedrag (ProDryS with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:21. Ridge111 (ProGuard7 kit)
:roller:22. InkMing (ProDryS kit with spare ProGuard7 and cleaning kit)
:roller:23. live07fj (ProGuard7 kit)

:scatter: = Mailed... waiting.

Sorry, this buy is now CLOSED.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention, if we get 20+, extra filters will be only $50 and include a free cleaning kit ($10 if purchased with this buy but without a filter). No cleaning kit for Pro Dry S (it is not applicable).

I have spoken to aFe directly regarding this buy and it is for real.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did aFe confirm that they are the manufacturer of the TRD CAI?

Wow! Just looked at the MSRP and this group buy is about $100 off the normal price...
I can't confirm anything...

;)

Yeah it's a freaking good deal. Just a FYI, if you buy a kit, you can buy a different filter to try for that extra 50 and get the free cleaning kit. I am going ProGuard 7 and will likely shell out the extra 50 for a ProDry S to swap in for city use. Clean filters mean better mileage, and traffic sucks my gas away...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I spoke with an engineer at AFE and they said that they make the TRD intakes. If you hold the AFE intake and the TRD intake side by side, the answer is obvious. They are both illegal for street use in California and other states that follow the CARB guidelines.

Did aFe confirm that they are the manufacturer of the TRD CAI?

Wow! Just looked at the MSRP and this group buy is about $100 off the normal price...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah it's a freaking good deal. Just a FYI, if you buy a kit, you can buy a different filter to try for that extra 50 and get the free cleaning kit. I am going ProGuard 7 and will likely shell out the extra 50 for a ProDry S to swap in for city use. Clean filters mean better mileage, and traffic sucks my gas away...
Why not just get 2 ProGuard 7(an extra one for the $50?) am I missing something on the ProDry S?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I spoke with an engineer at AFE and they said that they make the TRD intakes. If you hold the AFE intake and the TRD intake side by side, the answer is obvious. They are both illegal for street use in California and other states that follow the CARB guidelines.
I am in Cali and have been thinking of getting a CAI. What are the CARB guidelines and why is it illegal?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why not just get 2 ProGuard 7(an extra one for the $50?) am I missing something on the ProDry S?

Joel, "count me in" Interested in the "prodry s"

From the specs that i read on the pro dry,, It seems to be the same media that amsoil uses on thier Ea nano fiber, line of filters,, it flows just as good as the gauze type filters, without the oil.. I had the K&N drop in on my silverado ss, was stuck cleaning the MAF every 5k-7k, that was a pain in the arse,, anyway switched to the amsoil Ea,, haven't done anything to the filter except shake it out or used a can of dust off, @ every oil change,, 28k and a clean MAF till I traded her in..

·
Registered
97 Posts

It's here!

Brought to you by Ellis Precision, we have an opportunity to purchase aFe CAI's in volume with substantial discounts.

Prices as follows:

51-81162 -aFe ProDry S intake - $270.00

54-81162 -aFe Standard intake - $280.00

75-81162 -aFe ProGuard 7 intake - $295.00

Please visit aFe - '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser, '05-'07 Tacoma, '03-'07 4Runner V6-4.0L

These have three different filter media types, which are explained best at their site.

These prices do not include shipping, so account for shipping from the Seattle area to you when you decide whether to sign up. Shipping costs will be actual costs, I'm not making any money on this deal, other than savings on my intake, so I really can't afford to be paying anyone's shipping. I may be able to provide a weight for you to calculate the shipping method of your choice, but not at this time.

Post up! Serious buyers please post an official "I'm in!" We need 20+ to get these prices.

I'm in!

Current List:

1. FJoel
Hey Joel,, is that cover Aluminum?? Get what I'm hinting at?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Specifically, TRD told me that these intakes will NEVER pass California emissions because they eliminate the "carbon trap" that is located in the stock intake's air filter lid.
I think the Airaid leaves the carbon thingy in.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey,will this work with the TRD SUPERCHARGER when it comes out.
Don't know yet, but if the TRD CAI intake will this one will.

Is there a performance vs. the TRD? If it's equal, then it's a deal, if it's better, hell yeah!
From an aFe representative:

"The aFe has an extra opening wich allows for more air... the aFe FLOW bench testing showed this.

Now there might be a slight difference in performance depending on which filter is being used.

Basic difference in filters

aFe ProDry S FLOWS more than OE filter

aFe Standard filter - gives you best performance

aFe Pro Guard 7 filter - gives you best protection"

Please see above for why I made my personal decision.

I am in Cali and have been thinking of getting a CAI. What are the CARB guidelines and why is it illegal?
"The intake is a direct bolt on. Doesn't take long to put on. The same if you're changing it back to stock. People in Cali shouldn't worry about it. They should just change it back to stock when they have their vehicle smogged.

Here is some more insight. These intakes will pass the SMOG inspection. The problem is with the SMOG places. They are under stringent rules. When they pop open the hood and see something other than a stock airbox; they immediately turn you away.

CARB is run by the government. There are many companies trying to to get there stuff certified. The government is in no rush to help the aftermarket companies. It takes a very long time to get CARB certification for any engine mod."

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'M IN. Awesome deal

1 - 20 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.