Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The sixth aFe group buy brought to you by Ellis Precision!

51-81162 -aFe ProDry S intake - $310.00 Plug included, SHIPPED

54-81162 -aFe Standard intake - $320.00 Plug included, SHIPPED

75-81162 -aFe ProGuard 7 intake - $330.00 Plug included, SHIPPED

Please visit aFe - '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser, '05-'07 Tacoma, '03-'07 4Runner V6-4.0L
These have three different filter media types, which are explained best at their site.

Extra filters are available for $50 each. You can mix and match filters this way for on-road and off-road performance.

Throttle body spacers are available as well!

Pricing:
$88.00 shipped!
$75.00 if purchased with an intake.

These dynoed in at a 6 HP increase and 10 ft lbs. of torque on our engines...
Original link: advanced Flow engineering (aFe) Air Filters & Intake Systems
The part number for our FJ's is: 46-38002

This is a no waiting group buy, meaning we have no minimum. In order to participate, you need to have your name put on the group buy list and follow the instructions we will PM you. Please PM me, FJared for ordering details, but if I don't respond in two days feel free to bump FJoel, as he is on more often. Please post questions in this thread, and reserve PM's for serious orders only. We hope to help alot of modders between the various group buys! :)

If you really want to boost your performance, consider adding an exhaust or headers as well! We have a JBA group buy on right now as well, and the sweet new aFe exhaust will be offered here on the forum in a matter of days! :rocker:

Be sure to include the type of filter you require when you PM!

Thanks!

Cold Air Intake participants:
1. avnmedic
2. bone3412
3. brigham

Throttle Body Spacer participants:
1. avnmedic

:roller: means paid.

·
Registered
18 Posts
quesstion: I drive mostly on road and some times offroad. which intake is best? I know the pro dry is great for offroad....should i get one of the other intakes and get the pro dry filter extra or.......get the pro dry intake and get one of the other filters for on road? am i confussing you yet?

·
Registered
375 Posts
PMs sent!!!! Im in!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
quesstion: I drive mostly on road and some times offroad. which intake is best? I know the pro dry is great for offroad....should i get one of the other intakes and get the pro dry filter extra or.......get the pro dry intake and get one of the other filters for on road? am i confussing you yet?
The standard will give you the best performance all around, on and offroad, so the only reason I would not get this one is if you see yourself over oiling (go ProDry to save your MAF) or getting a lot of fine dust and dirt going in your intake (go ProGuard). The ProDry is probably not the best choice for offroad, as the oiled filters definitely stop more dirt from entering your engine.

PMs sent!!!! Im in!!!!!!!!!!!
Just replied. :D I know you've been waiting for this one!

·
Registered
547 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap:pM sent!!! and now I must go run around my yard screaming, jumping and doing cartwheels!!!! Im so happy I could poo!!:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I'm seriously considering this this time around. I already know I can't fit it in with the Cyclone pre-air cleaner that came with my offroad package, but assuming I can just pull that out (which I believe I can), I might get it this time around. That said, like Big-Art, most of my driving is on-road, with some offroad that includes very, very fine dust. I'm not worried about over-oiling, so I presume that for the extra $10, the ProGuard version is the best choice?

Thanks!

Bill
(going to load up on parts this summer while I'm back on the mainland! yay free shipping!)

·
Registered
375 Posts
:rocker: Mine ships tomorrow:rocker: Thanks to FJared, FJoel and FJFlow. You guys are awesome:bigthumb:

·
Registered
547 Posts
my CAI came in today and let me tell ya, very easy to install and only been in for a few hours I already love it!! noticeable power difference great sound... oh and the aFe exhaust totally helps too (get one its AMAZING!!! and let me tell ya the biggest damn exhaust Ive ever seen)

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I don't think I ever got an answer to my question on the first page - assuming mostly on-road driving with some offroad w/ lots of fine dust, is the Pro-Guard the best choice?

Also, is there an end date to this group buy?

Finally, approximately what are the shipping dimensions? I keep asking that question because I'll be back on the mainland and if I can fit this in the box with the other parts I'm picking up, I can just bring it back as a 2nd piece of luggage instead of spending $$$ on shipping).

Thanks!

Bill

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
I don't think I ever got an answer to my question on the first page - assuming mostly on-road driving with some offroad w/ lots of fine dust, is the Pro-Guard the best choice?

Also, is there an end date to this group buy?

Finally, approximately what are the shipping dimensions? I keep asking that question because I'll be back on the mainland and if I can fit this in the box with the other parts I'm picking up, I can just bring it back as a 2nd piece of luggage instead of spending $$$ on shipping).

Thanks!

Bill
Mostly on road - go with the standard. It's a happy medium. Chuck on a pre-filter if you are worried about the fine dust when going out in the dirt. The ProGuard will not flow as well, and hinder on road performance while it shields the crap from your engine. In order to shield more crap, it flows less CFM.

If you can afford it, get a ProGuard to swap in for offroad for $50 with a free cleaning kit.

13x13x17" for a ProDry @ 10lbs. This is what I have on hand.

Add a pound for oiled filters just to be safe.

Sorry if my answer is not in enough detail, but if you have the time, all three filter media types are covered in depth at aFe's website.

:cheers:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Excuse the innocense, what does the throttle body spacer do and where does it go? Is it compatible with a snorkeled intake? I have a feeling this attaches right between the air filter and the intake line (correct?). Info would be great :)

Cheers,
chris

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Excuse the innocense, what does the throttle body spacer do and where does it go? Is it compatible with a snorkeled intake? I have a feeling this attaches right between the air filter and the intake line (correct?). Info would be great :)

Cheers,
chris
I have the throttle body and a snorkel. It works and sounds cool!

It actually goes between the throttle body itself and the plenum, no where near the filter. My 15 year old brother installed it in 15 minutes while I did other mods.

He is good with wrenches and mechanically smart, but considering the instructions never even got unfolded and I chucked them with the box, I'm going to rate it 2 out of 10 for difficulty. Note the 2 is only because he had a wrench in his hand. :D

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I sent FJared a PM about the spacer.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts