Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
aFe just released their FJC exhaust. :bigthumb:

Please see attatched pics for info.

FYI - The HP and Torque gains are MAX gains not Peak gains.

It is side exit behind mudflap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Pics not showing up.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
any numbers on pricing yet?

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
aFe just released their FJC exhaust. :bigthumb:

Please see attatched pics for info.

FYI - The HP and Torque gains are MAX gains not Peak gains.

It is side exit behind mudflap.
Pease explain the difference between 'Max' and 'Peak'. Thanks

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Max gain is the biggest increase in power or torque compared to stock regardless of where it is in the power curve. Peak gain is the increase in peak horsepower or torque.

For example our engines are rated at 239 hp (assumed to be peak horsepower) at 5200 rpm. So, if you added an exhuast that gave you 245 hp at 5200 rpm then the gain would be 6 peak hp.

Alternatively you could add something that doesn't increase max torque (278 lb -ft @ 3700 rpm for us) but flattens the curve resulting in an increase in torque at lower rpm. Here, the largest increase in torque (max gain) may not occur at the torque peak.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Does AFE exhaust = TRD exhaust like AFE intake = TRD intake??

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Does AFE exhaust = TRD exhaust like AFE intake = TRD intake??
Are the gains the same?

Exhaust looks great btw.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
I should have mine on my FJ soon, I will let you guys know how it sounds and how it works. Mine has a S/C so my increase might be a little more. We should also have these on our website as soon as AFE releases them for sale.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I should have mine on my FJ soon, I will let you guys know how it sounds and how it works. Mine has a S/C so my increase might be a little more. We should also have these on our website as soon as AFE releases them for sale.

So your still running the stock exhaust then with that URD? Ah man, you are crazy! Your gonna get like , 40+hp out of this :rofl: :rocker:

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
Max gain is the biggest increase in power or torque compared to stock regardless of where it is in the power curve. Peak gain is the increase in peak horsepower or torque.

For example our engines are rated at 239 hp (assumed to be peak horsepower) at 5200 rpm. So, if you added an exhuast that gave you 245 hp at 5200 rpm then the gain would be 6 peak hp.

Alternatively you could add something that doesn't increase max torque (278 lb -ft @ 3700 rpm for us) but flattens the curve resulting in an increase in torque at lower rpm. Here, the largest increase in torque (max gain) may not occur at the torque peak.
Makes sense, thanks.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
So your still running the stock exhaust then with that URD? Ah man, you are crazy! Your gonna get like , 40+hp out of this :rofl: :rocker:
No, I went to a local muffler shop right before Ouray last year and told them I want a 3in exhaust with a flowmaster. I came back and have a 2.25 with a flowmaster. This is why my FJ sounds like a jet engine and not a pissed off V6. I have been talking to John at AFE for over a year on this exhaust. I can't wait to try it out.

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
I would imagine it would be very similar to the Tacoma 4.0L V6's cat back system from AFE.

Up to :

30 ft./lbs.
26 H.P.
3 mpg
90 cfm
3" Stainless
and a partridge in a pear tree.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
1 - 20 of 103 Posts