Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Just installed my AFE high tuck, I had no problems. It does sit a little close to the crossmember it goes over but it doesn't rattle at all. I will say I installed it starting from the front and you must start from the back. Otherwise very easy and fits up to my URD y-pipe perfectly.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
No rattling at all after the install and I off-road frequently no noise, plus I have no trunk door so if there was something I would notice. Just flipped the factory rubber clamps/holders whatever you want to call them and finished the install no problems since I have had the system for 4 months now. Has good 3 inch clearance from the frame and bounces very little even at high speeds off-road. Dont know if this helps but this has been my experience, so far so good

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Can someone point me in the right direction?

What exactly did u clamp?
What exactly is your problem that you think you need to clamp something? I just installed this 2 weeks ago and other than the slip fit connector being a POS (I new this when I bought it) and a slight tweak to the rear hanger this fit fine on my truck.

Also did you buy the 2.5" or 3" version, I bought the 2.5" version so that may be the difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What exactly is your problem that you think you need to clamp something? I just installed this 2 weeks ago and other than the slip fit connector being a POS (I new this when I bought it) and a slight tweak to the rear hanger this fit fine on my truck.

Also did you buy the 2.5" or 3" version, I bought the 2.5" version so that may be the difference.
I bought the 3", it's sitting on the frame and occasionally vibrates. I've seen people mention flipping the rubber hanger piece, or bending the actual hanger.. just looking for a remedy.

besides that, I friggin love the sound. I've paired the exhaust with the afe dry intake and at WOT it's sounds awesome.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
The only thing I can recommend you try is loosening the slip fitting and see if you can twist the tailpipe section to create more room above the frame.

When I first fit everything to together I had the same issue. Then I loosened the slip joint, twisted the pipe and saw I could create more room. I used the unused rubber hanger to use as a spacer between the exhaust and frame to maintain that space while I retightened the clamp.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts