Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered the 51-81162 Stage 2 Pro Dry CAI and when I got it in the mail it was the 54-81162 Stage 2 CAI (oiled). I know the one I received costs about 10$ more than what I ordered and it flows a little better (for whatever reason). Does anybody have any opinions about the differences other than the fact that you have to oil one and not the other and that the dry filter stops a little more dust?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
So I ordered the 51-81162 Stage 2 Pro Dry CAI and when I got it in the mail it was the 54-81162 Stage 2 CAI (oiled). I know the one I received costs about 10$ more than what I ordered and it flows a little better (for whatever reason). Does anybody have any opinions about the differences other than the fact that you have to oil one and not the other and that the dry filter stops a little more dust?
Don't know how they compare, but I do know that if you over-oil the filter you can F-up your MAF sensor.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! :bigthumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.