Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the day negotiating on a few TTUE. Pulled the trigger. 1 owner. All stock. 28K miles. Now the wait begins. Pick up in Idaho on 11/29 (one way flight to middle of nowhere), and drive it back.

Owner bought it new, 74 years old. Wife can't get up to the FJC anymore. They bought a RAV4 Hybrid.

SUPER excited for it. Love my 12 Red TT, but TTUE is getting inside garage space

Will update with pics on drive back.

Just wanted to share the excitement with forum friends. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

Congrats!! You are lucky. We are 77 and 75, no one will be getting Jade, our '13, anytime soon.

(We have a RAV4 Hybrid too, for when we don't feel the need for dirt ;))

·
Premium Member
17,153 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: sandFJ90210

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,568 Posts
Just wanted to share the excitement with forum friends. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving
Congrats, sounds like a great find!
...and I want to note that I called this 2½ years ago 😁
The Big Question that we all wanted answered - Is this one getting a Ladder ???

Very cool, but I'm confused- why, when you have the red TT, did you buy the TTUE?
Sand is living his best life; wouldn't you have an emergency backup FJ if you could? 🤷‍♂️😊

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big thanks to @REEL-M-N for the detailed PM. MUCH appreciate it brother

@CRAW - you are funny! When are you coming to visit? Going to install the other set on this

@Bad Wolf - Thanks so much!

@Uncharted yes you did my friend!! No ladder, Since only WIFE likes the ladder. She can enjoy her own ladder! I like it ladderless :p

@ALB I think @Uncharted answered your question :)

@Archy Chris Thank you so much.

@Lee44 yes I remember your beauty! You have helped me with many things on my Red TT, and I am always grateful for the info

@eggsandwich - I can't get away from you, whether on BAT or here :D LOL I kid! I will send you a PM when I get it home. I think if I flipped it on BAT today, I would make a nice profit, but its not for sale. I always loved your ride!

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is one shot. I had to have full undercarriage shots, before I committed. ONLY thing is tires aren't original, though original tires can be had if I want (not that I want them really, as it isn't a museum piece for me)

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive design Motor vehicle Handwriting

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont' know if this gentleman is a member here (I had mentioned the website to him before). He had JUST bought his TTUE.

I was with my family on the White Rim Trail, he had flown from the NW (if I remember), down to AZ and was driving his rig back. I was SO envious!!

Hehe now I have one! Excited.

15 hour drive back next week. Thanksgiving can't end soon enough!
Sky Car Tire Vehicle Plant community

Tire Wheel Car Sky Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Spent the day negotiating on a few TTUE. Pulled the trigger. 1 owner. All stock. 28K miles. Now the wait begins. Pick up in Idaho on 11/29 (one way flight to middle of nowhere), and drive it back.

Owner bought it new, 74 years old. Wife can't get up to the FJC anymore. They bought a RAV4 Hybrid.

SUPER excited for it. Love my 12 Red TT, but TTUE is getting inside garage space

Will update with pics on drive back.

Congratulations! TTUE owner here, good for you, yours is getting a garage space.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I dont' know if this gentleman is a member here (I had mentioned the website to him before). He had JUST bought his TTUE.

I was with my family on the White Rim Trail, he had flown from the NW (if I remember), down to AZ and was driving his rig back. I was SO envious!!

Hehe now I have one! Excited.

15 hour drive back next week. Thanksgiving can't end soon enough! View attachment 1183003

View attachment 1183002
Your red ride looks (or looked) amazing! Big tires on it. What size were they? 33”? 285’s?

·
Registered
2014 TT & 2012 TT
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your red ride looks (or looked) amazing! Big tires on it. What size were they? 33”? 285’s?
@CRAW has more info about me than my wife. :D Stock suspension, 285 k02

I am debating on throwing a set of 285 k02 on the TTUE, but granted it has brand new tires (set I don't like), maybe just enjoy it as is for a bit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you my friend! Def garage space. We just got back from MOAB in Oct (Rented Jeeps this time with bunch of friends and ATV), saw a beautiful TTUE there similiar to yours.
I have never done an intro nor do I post but I always enjoy reading this forum and looking at the trucks. I bought my first, a new 12TT to replace my almost perfect 87 FJ60...hence the name. My wife was driving a 97 FZJ80, also very clean and decided she liked my red FJ. I took the LC which I loved a decided I would buy the 14TTUE when it was released. I bought it from my same dealer In Wisconsin and he held true to our agreed upon price even when it was reported that the TTUE's would be the last of the domestic FJ's. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary next June and we still love our cars. One of the biggest benefits is that you can always spot your car in the parking lot as they look like nothing else. Most cars of today look alike. We also drive a 1965 VW Beetle which was what I drove for a daily when we first started dating. It's funny, the bug looks like a matchbox car in the garage next to the FJ'S, hard to believe I drove one as a daily especially through the Wisconsin winters. Nice being carefree and young! Any way, just thought it was neat to have another couple with the same cars as us. I have never posted pics and I am not on any social media, our kids finally convinced us to buy a cellphone, If I ever decide to learn to post pics, I would love to do so. And to pay a compliment, this is the most well mannered and respectful site of any I have viewed, I look at guitars and trucks. Congratulations and both of you enjoy your trucks!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts